Are AirPods worth the $159 USD price tag to you? Will you appreciate the wireless functionality and slick setup? Or do you need either a) a different bluetooth pair with better fitting/sound options or b) a more traditional pair with better sound (audiophiles, I'm looking at you).

Personally I'm torn, not sure if I'll get a pair (I have much too many headphones already), but would certainly love to try them out!
    jhc1187 likes this.
    12-13-2016 09:19 AM
    I purchased them hoping they are as good as advertised. I also have multiple pair of Bluetooth headphones so I will be comparing them and keeping the best.
    12-13-2016 09:25 AM
    Excellent. Really curious to see what you think of them vs. the competition!
    12-13-2016 10:00 AM
    I will let you know. My date was the 21st.
    12-13-2016 10:58 AM
    I'll also let you know on 12/21 when I receive them. If they are not worth it, I'll return them. So we'll see.
    12-13-2016 11:01 AM
    I'll buy them off you... for... oh I don't know, maybe I won't.

Hopefully you like them!!
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    12-13-2016 11:08 AM
    I think they are worth the price tag, even more since all the other competitors have theirs with double the price tag and usually the same quality regarding to sound... Also the W1 chip brings some exciting functionalities.
    12-13-2016 11:22 AM
    I'll have to reserve judgement until I hear the sound quality. The wireless feature alone doesn't justify the $159 price point if the sound quality is no different than the lightening headphones they provided. I've got a pair of bluetooth headphones with stronger battery life and better sound. Of course, they have to be worn on my neck but that isn't an issue at all. So if the sound quality performs better than what they give for free, then I may consider. I can see some advantages to having them. Just don't know if those advantages are worth the price.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    12-13-2016 11:42 AM
    Fair. So much competition out there too.
    12-14-2016 11:55 AM
    It's true that there's a ton of competition, but these are designed by Apple to work alongside the iPhone. It will be interesting to see if the W1 chip justifies the added expense.
    12-14-2016 01:13 PM
    Are AirPods worth the $159 USD price tag to you? Will you appreciate the wireless functionality and slick setup? Or do you need either a) a different bluetooth pair with better fitting/sound options or b) a more traditional pair with better sound (audiophiles, I'm looking at you).

Personally I'm torn, not sure if I'll get a pair (I have much too many headphones already), but would certainly love to try them out!
    I would say Yes!

From a design perspective, for me, they look fantastic. They also come with their own dental floss charging case which is quite cute. Plus being able to get 5 hours of battery life is fairly decent. I haven't heard the sound quality yet (which is a deal breaker) but unless they are super tinny and have no bass i would still purchase.
    consequence7 likes this.
    12-17-2016 03:15 AM
    Mine are due tomorrow (19th) so not long to wait now. If they work as advertised and stay in my ears then the price is reasonable. They're in same price range as my Bose wireless ones so will be interesting to compare the two. I can run with the Bose ones and they stay in my ears no problems but have suffered a few disconnections here and there. I'm not really expecting the AirPods to stay in my ears when I run but I'll be happy to be proved wrong
    12-18-2016 11:30 AM
    @StraightlineBoy - be sure to let us know how it goes... want to hear your first impressions!
    StraightlineBoy likes this.
    12-18-2016 12:00 PM
    Absolutely not, never in a million years would I spend $159 on the AirPods. I don't care how easy it is to pair or any of that. The EarPods are overpriced, I can spend half the cost of the EarPods and get twice the sound quality. So $159 for 5 hours of battery life and not a single increase to sound quality? Nope, not happening. Jaybird has Bluetooth earphone for $150, 8 hours of battery life (with a charge in there), and has an app that allows a very annoying way to adjust the equalizer. There are others out there for around the same cost or cheaper that I'm sure are much better than the AirPods too. So from an audiophiles perspective....no, just no, I wouldn't pay more than $30 for them and that's giving them extra money for the W1 chip.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    12-18-2016 12:31 PM
    Absolutely not, never in a million years would I spend $159 on the AirPods. I don't care how easy it is to pair or any of that. The EarPods are overpriced, I can spend half the cost of the EarPods and get twice the sound quality. So $159 for 5 hours of battery life and not a single increase to sound quality? Nope, not happening. Jaybird has Bluetooth earphone for $150, 8 hours of battery life (with a charge in there), and has an app that allows a very annoying way to adjust the equalizer. There are others out there for around the same cost or cheaper that I'm sure are much better than the AirPods too. So from an audiophiles perspective....no, just no, I wouldn't pay more than $30 for them and that's giving them extra money for the W1 chip.
    I agree!!!! There are other headphones out there that offer better battery life. Plus my Bose & Beats connect automatically every time & I can workout in both. The case is nice but not worth $159.
    12-18-2016 01:31 PM
    Probably not but I got them anyways. It's hard to find anything that compares to the headphones I use now. So because of that I'll forever be spoiled. Lol
    nikkisharif likes this.
    12-18-2016 01:58 PM
    Probably not but I got them anyways. It's hard to find anything that compares to the headphones I use now. So because of that I'll forever be spoiled. Lol
    Ditto lol
    12-18-2016 02:40 PM
    Ugh, so I think I'll get these for the time being.
    12-18-2016 03:37 PM
    I agree!!!! There are other headphones out there that offer better battery life. Plus my Bose & Beats connect automatically every time & I can workout in both. The case is nice but not worth $159.
    Not sure if you have seen this case. It's pretty cool. I got it on sale for $30 at Best Buy
    http://www.mophie.com/shop/holiday-g..._content=email
    nikkisharif and alphatectz like this.
    12-18-2016 03:44 PM
    I was excited when they were first announced, but now it's been gradually going away. I'm not excited anymore and probably won't buy them. Now I wait for the new iPad Pro release.
    12-18-2016 04:31 PM
    I was excited when they were first announced, but now it's been gradually going away. I'm not excited anymore and probably won't buy them. Now I wait for the new iPad Pro release.
    Agreed. If they would have made them available when the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus went on sale or shortly thereafter, I would have purchased them. Now, however, purchasing them is not a priority.
    robertk328 likes this.
    12-18-2016 05:13 PM
    Not sure if you have seen this case. It's pretty cool. I got it on sale for $30 at Best Buy
    Thanks...this one is $10 cheaper than the Bose one. Love it
    12-18-2016 05:14 PM
    Thanks...this one is $10 cheaper than the Bose one. Love it
    Still on sale at Best Buy http://forums.imore.com/e?link=https...token=3Vbc2FDx
    nikkisharif likes this.
    12-18-2016 05:16 PM
    Even better
    12-18-2016 05:37 PM
    Oh that's cool
    12-18-2016 06:58 PM
222 123 ...