Are AirPods worth $159 USD to you?

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well how comparable are they as far as comfort to the EarPods? Because when I start to use them they irritate my ears and causes them to hurt no matter how long I wear them, yet it's only on one side. Because if their going to be the same experience I'd rather not have my friend spend money on them and just have him get me some Power Beats instead.

I hate the earpods...HATE, they hurt my ears so much as well. These have a slightly different shape to them. My ears were irritated at first but NOWHERE near as bad as the earpods.

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
I hate the earpods...HATE, they hurt my ears so much as well. These have a slightly different shape to them. My ears were irritated at first but NOWHERE near as bad as the earpods.

Well thank you so much for your input I'll think I'll stick with waiting for the AirPods then. He works for Verizon so he gets 35% off but they sell quickly when they come in stock.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well thank you so much for your input I'll think I'll stick with waiting for the AirPods then. He works for Verizon so he gets 35% off but they sell quickly when they come in stock.

I'd honestly say wait. If you can play with some that might help too. Most  stores should have a pair.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well their not costing me anything lol. I can always resell if I don't like them.

That is true, can sell them for 250 almost LOL. I just took my airpods out after working out with them. My ears feel great. And they didn't fall out during dancing. Ahhhh ❤️️ them.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I agree with your friend. At first the airpods felt weird but like after an hour or two they got pretty comfortable. I now find them really comfortable after having them for a month. Sound quality is very good. Definitely the best for their price range.

Honestly it sounds great. I'm jailbroken on super old firmware and people have 0 issues with being able to hear me. My friend is on 10.3.3 and he sounds great 99% of the time. The other day he was at a busy restaurant and I couldn't tell...I thought he had the TV on. Even if you just use 1 airpod it sounds the same as using both. I have no qualms about the sound quality.

I plan to use 1 airpod on my daily drive phone call (if i decide to buy it)

No drop call issue at all ? Because i saw several review has some serious drop call issue on their 6s/+ (I use 6s+)

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
That is true, can sell them for 250 almost LOL. I just took my airpods out after working out with them. My ears feel great. And they didn't fall out during dancing. Ahhhh ❤️️ them.

Really? Because my buddy who has them tried to sell his pair for $250 and no one would bite. So he started using them instead haha

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I plan to use 1 airpod on my daily drive phone call (if i decide to buy it)

No drop call issue at all ? Because i saw several review has some serious drop call issue on their 6s/+ (I use 6s+)

Since the latest firmware update on the airpods I've noticed I've had 2-3 FL dropped calls but I think that's more to do with cellular issues. Could be a correlation but I'm always on the phone so it doesn't bother me. I also use 1 airpod frequently and I notice no difference from using 2. It's the same in every way.

I thought it's the same with earpod (minus wire)

It's similar but the airpods are like earpods turned into a superhero version...if that makes sense. Sound quality is way better (especially in phone calls and Spotify) and it feels way better and feels more snug and secure to me.

Really? Because my buddy who has them tried to sell his pair for $250 and no one would bite. So he started using them instead haha

The last I saw on eBay was 240 with 10.00 Shipping, shoot that's close LOL avg is 220-230 it seems.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Since the latest firmware update on the airpods I've noticed I've had 2-3 FL dropped calls but I think that's more to do with cellular issues. Could be a correlation but I'm always on the phone so it doesn't bother me. I also use 1 airpod frequently and I notice no difference from using 2. It's the same in every way.

It's similar but the airpods are like earpods turned into a superhero version...if that makes sense. Sound quality is way better (especially in phone calls and Spotify) and it feels way better and feels more snug and secure to me.

The last I saw on eBay was 240 with 10.00 Shipping, shoot that's close LOL avg is 220-230 it seems.

2-3 FL dropped calls meaning your call dropped or only the bluetooth connection dropped ? From some reviews, their phonecall has no issue, only the bluetooth connection dropped

I'm curious the mic is so far away from our mouth, how come the mic is better or at least the same with earpod. That's the tech i think :)

So worth it or not ? I can buy some middle end android phone with that kind of money LOL

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
2-3 FL dropped calls meaning your call dropped or only the bluetooth connection dropped ? From some reviews, their phonecall has no issue, only the bluetooth connection dropped

I'm curious the mic is so far away from our mouth, how come the mic is better or at least the same with earpod. That's the tech i think :)

So worth it or not ? I can buy some middle end android phone with that kind of money LOL

My phone call has the issue. From the actual Bluetooth I've only noticed once that the airpods dropped but only once. I think it's worth it, even if you don't like it you can return them or resell them for profit so it's always a win win since they're still super rare.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It's funny because I don't see many women with them. In my case, they don't fit properly in one of my ears and the other one falls out if I have my hair down. They work good for my son.

My wife lives on hers. She has no problem with fit. But as these are for anybody, they can work and fit great for one but not others.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
My phone call has the issue. From the actual Bluetooth I've only noticed once that the airpods dropped but only once. I think it's worth it, even if you don't like it you can return them or resell them for profit so it's always a win win since they're still super rare.

My country doesn't have return purchased policy

I will wait for wwdc event and reconsider

Thx

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

That case is awesome!!!

My wife lives on hers. She has no problem with fit. But as these are for anybody, they can work and fit great for one but not others.

That's great!!! I was just curious because I haven't see too many women with them. I hate that only one fits good for me but I just take it as a sign that I don't need to buy another pair of BT headphones/earbuds I have a serious addiction lol. If they were noise cancelling, I'd probably buy them anyway...the addiction is real serious

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...I hate that only one fits good for me but I just take it as a sign that I don't need to buy another pair of BT headphones/earbuds I have a serious addiction lol. If they were noise cancelling, I'd probably buy them anyway...the addiction is real serious
This is what I use to achieve the perfect fit. https://earhoox.com

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Finally I bought Airpods :)

Quick question : can we check the airpod battery life without the case ? (Since i'm not carrying the case around and just use 1 ear for phonecall)

Thx

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Finally I bought Airpods :)

Quick question : can we check the airpod battery life without the case ? (Since i'm not carrying the case around and just use 1 ear for phonecall)

Thx

Yes. Personally I have the Battery Widget and, if I have only one AirPod in my ears, it will show the battery level for only that AirPod, if the case is closed or not in range. If I am wearing both, it will show the battery level for both -- as a unit if both have the same charge level, or individually if their charge level is different.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro