Are AirPods worth $159 USD to you?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That's good to hear. Last thing I'd want to do is buy them and feel let down. Any others with a similar experience to @Spencerdl?

Not that I have used. I have a pair of LG Tones and Bose Soundsport Pulse Bluetooth earbuds and neither of them come close to having the same experience as my Apple AirPods. . My BOSE QC 35's are a different breed, but that's to be expected.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Totally.

Have you tried the new Beats X? @Serenity Caldwell did a pretty epic comparison of the Beats X, AirPods and PowerBeats 3. Worth a look:

Beats X, AirPods, or PowerBeats 3: Which in-ear wireless headphones should you buy? | iMore

I'm pretty much satisfied with the AirPods, but I wouldn't mind taking a look at the thread. I'm not sure if you posted the link, but it's not showing. I actually like NOT having a wire around my neck and that's one of the many reasons that I like my Apple AirPods

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That's good to hear. Last thing I'd want to do is buy them and feel let down. Any others with a similar experience to @Spencerdl?

I have had mine for a week now and I would not want to give them up. I was absolutely not a fan when they were announced. Since the announcement, I decided that if I could get a them I would give them a try at least. I was hooked right away. The fit is perfect and they are so comfortable that I forget they are there. The sound is quite good. The battery life is excellent and then they recharge very quickly when needed. I think fit is the biggest concern for people. The regular Apple EarBuds don't stay in my ears so I was very concerned. I have zero issues with these staying in for workouts, walking around or laying in bed.

Bottom line is that I absolutely think they are worth the $159 price tag.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are AirPods worth the $159 USD price tag to you?
Yes, but $99 would have been better.
Will you appreciate the wireless functionality and slick setup?
Definitely!
Or do you need either a) a different bluetooth pair with better fitting/sound options or b) a more traditional pair with better sound (audiophiles, I'm looking at you).
I have multiple Bluetooth headsets, and each have its pros and cons. The AirPods have replaced my Jawbone earpiece for Bluetooth communication, but they will not replace my QC-35 or even my wired ATH-M40x for listening to music.

Personally I'm torn, not sure if I'll get a pair (I have much too many headphones already), but would certainly love to try them out!

Do I need the AirPods? Heck no! Am I glad I got them? Yes, I am.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but $99 would have been better. Definitely! I have multiple Bluetooth headsets, and each have its pros and cons. The AirPods have replaced my Jawbone earpiece for Bluetooth communication, but they will not replace my QC-35 or even my wired ATH-M40x for listening to music.

Do I need the AirPods? Heck no! Am I glad I got them? Yes, I am.

I agree with everything you posted D except wired headphones...LOL . Wires are so..."Old school"...LOL .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with everything you posted D except wired headphones...LOL . Wires are so..."Old school"...LOL .

(Laughing)...Yeah, but the sound from my wired headphones are superior and worth dealing with the cable. Then again, I'm an "old school" type of guy. I'll be "fitty fo" in a few months. Dang, I'm getting up there...

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am far from an audiophile. Plus I am old and partially deaf in one ear, so for me its all about the convience. And AirPods are just that, convenient. I have them in my pocket all the time and it's so quick to pop one in to listen to something. I love my AirPods

sandycrane

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
(Laughing)...Yeah, but the sound from my wired headphones are superior and worth dealing with the cable. Then again, I'm an "old school" type of guy. I'll be "fitty fo" in a few months. Dang, I'm getting up there...

I just turned 68 and life's too short to spend any of it untangling wires. AirPods well worth the price.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2