Are AirPods worth $159 USD to you?

lusid1

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
I'll likely get a pair when they are readily available. Rene sounded decent on them, definitely compressed, but not overly artifacty. Good enough to warrant testing out. The price is at the high end of reasonable, but if they work that well consistently and they survive a year of heavy use then I still come out ahead.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had the pleasure of using them for the past 4 days and have to say I'm seriously baffled as to how good they sound.

Best money spent ever.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
That's pretty cool.

Still haven't bought BT earbuds, though I want some badly. Just not sure about [even low-power] BT against my head for that long. I use the Apple EarPods quite a bit.

If you're worried about the long term medical influence it can have to your brains, don't worry. Human anatomy is built to withstand quite a lot.

If you're enjoying the EarPods, you will definitely love the AirPods, I guarantee you.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you're worried about the long term medical influence it can have to your brains, don't worry. Human anatomy is built to withstand quite a lot.

If you're enjoying the EarPods, you will definitely love the AirPods, I guarantee you.

I think they would probably be the best, which is one reason I haven't spent the money on the Jaybirds. Because I like the fit and sound of the EarPods, just not sure about the AirPods look. I've seen what you look like in them, which is probably why I'm hesitant ;) (though that's probably not the fault of the AirPods!) Maybe I'll just wait until February when they're out again (unless someone suddenly gets them in stock) and try them out.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've seen what you look like in them, which is probably why I'm hesitant ;) (though that's probably not the fault of the AirPods!)

Ouch, that hurt my feelings.
All the more reason for you to buy them and share a photo of you wearing them, showing us how it should be done and what it looks like on a handsome person. Oh wait!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ouch, that hurt my feelings.
All the more reason for you to buy them and share a photo of you wearing them, showing us how it should be done and what it looks like on a handsome person. Oh wait!

lol

Enjoy yours --- they'll be on v2 by the time they're back in stock ;)

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I do wish, like others, that they came in more colors than just white. Still, I may eventually spring for a pair. The tech inside does seem pretty cool.

GlowingBlue

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Worth it!

My brother has one and has stopped using all his other wireless earphones.

Only gripe is the volume adjustment. If you are someone who constantly adjusts volume (I know I am) this might not be the right earphone for you.

Ie, when I do chores around the house I'm constantly adjusting the volume because appliances are all different levels of noisy.

These earphones make it hard to adjust.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Worth it!

My brother has one and has stopped using all his other wireless earphones.

Only gripe is the volume adjustment. If you are someone who constantly adjusts volume (I know I am) this might not be the right earphone for you.

Ie, when I do chores around the house I'm constantly adjusting the volume because appliances are all different levels of noisy.

I use the now playing dock app on my Watch to adjust the volume. I have the double tap set to play pause since I think that is more beneficial than Siri. At least for now ��

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

This is a concern for me too, but if there's an  Watch work-around that is good. I do use those buttons quite a bit.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
This is a concern for me too, but if there's an  Watch work-around that is good. I do use those buttons quite a bit.

You can indeed adjust the volume of the AirPods on your Watch by opening the Music app > Now Playing. By turning the Digital Crown you can increase or decrease the volume.

d36763248c1bdb0e10c84fd59edeee28.png

If you don't have an Watch you can simply use the volume buttons on your iPhone without having to take them out of your pockets.

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I got a nice pair of Sony's for $30. They work great in the gym, pair flawlessly, fit snugly and have great sound. That additional $130 I'd be paying for the AirPods would pretty much only get me the case and siri. Not worth it in my eyes. Now, were they given to me via, I don't know, an iMore giveaway, well then I'd most certainly use them....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods