Well how comparable are they as far as comfort to the EarPods? Because when I start to use them they irritate my ears and causes them to hurt no matter how long I wear them, yet it's only on one side. Because if their going to be the same experience I'd rather not have my friend spend money on them and just have him get me some Power Beats instead.
    In my experience with them, they are so comfortable I forget I'm wearing them at times. I keep them in my ear 90% of the time while at work with no issues. The comfort, ease of use and flexibility with them is worth the money alone. Highly recommend.

I've got power beats 3 as well and I can't keep those in my ears for very long before they start bothering my ears. And thats even after trying the other ear plug sizes they come with.
    06-06-2017 09:49 AM
    Yes. Personally I have the Battery Widget and, if I have only one AirPod in my ears, it will show the battery level for only that AirPod, if the case is closed or not in range. If I am wearing both, it will show the battery level for both -- as a unit if both have the same charge level, or individually if their charge level is different.
    How to do that ? My control center doesn't show the battery level if the case not in range. Do you mean there's specific battery widget for this ?

Thx
    Well how comparable are they as far as comfort to the EarPods? Because when I start to use them they irritate my ears and causes them to hurt no matter how long I wear them, yet it's only on one side. Because if their going to be the same experience I'd rather not have my friend spend money on them and just have him get me some Power Beats instead.
    In my experience with them, they are so comfortable I forget I'm wearing them at times. I keep them in my ear 90% of the time while at work with no issues. The comfort, ease of use and flexibility with them is worth the money alone. Highly recommend.

I've got power beats 3 as well and I can't keep those in my ears for very long before they start bothering my ears. And thats even after trying the other ear plug sizes they come with.
    How to do that ? My control center doesn't show the battery level if the case not in range. Do you mean there's specific battery widget for this ?

Thx
    Perhaps I am wrong, I do typically carry the case with me, so the case is typically in range -- but I don't believe the case is required. Before adding the widget, I tended to have issues finding the AirPod battery levels when the case was closed.

For the widget, open up the Notification screen (or from the lock screen, if not disabled in settings) and swipe right to get to the widgets. At the bottom of that page, select "edit," find "Batteries," and click on the green circle with the plus sign to add the widget. I personally move the Batteries widget near the top. The widget will display the battery on your phone and any Bluetooth devices currently connected; for me this includes my watch and my AirPods (when I have them out and am using them).
    Hendri Hendri likes this.
    06-06-2017 10:16 AM
    Perhaps I am wrong, I do typically carry the case with me, so the case is typically in range -- but I don't believe the case is required. Before adding the widget, I tended to have issues finding the AirPod battery levels when the case was closed.

For the widget, open up the Notification screen (or from the lock screen, if not disabled in settings) and swipe right to get to the widgets. At the bottom of that page, select "edit," find "Batteries," and click on the green circle with the plus sign to add the widget. I personally move the Batteries widget near the top. The widget will display the battery on your phone and any Bluetooth devices currently connected; for me this includes my watch and my AirPods (when I have them out and am using them).
    Oh ok, i got it. So no need to swipe up for the control center

Thx
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    06-06-2017 11:11 AM

Thank you for that. I was contemplating the PB3 too just because I can get my hands on them quicker.
    06-06-2017 11:16 AM
    Oh ok, i got it. So no need to swipe up for the control center

Thx
    I'd be interesting to hear if it works for you, if you don't mind posting back in a few days.
    06-06-2017 11:21 AM
    I got mine yesterday, $229 here in Australia, had to pay an extra $4.95 delivery from a retailer online as nothing local and to avoid Apples 6 week wait.

I got them mainly for 2 reasons.

1. Phone calls in my home/office, and they are excellent, best i have used for clarity and distance from my SE, even better than the Bose QC35 and another pair of Bose wired i have. Double tap to answer is great.
    2. Walking my dogs 4-6ks a day i can only use one so i can hear traffic etc, i had cut one plug off my wired but was always hitting the cord and pulling them out.
    Ease of use between my iMac/ipad and iPhone is brilliant, so much better than Bose. I sold my Bose QC35 as the AirPods are more usable in and out of the house.
    So for me yes they are worth the money and also a tax deduction as a bonus
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-06-2017 05:48 PM
    I'd be interesting to hear if it works for you, if you don't mind posting back in a few days.
    It worked well for the battery checking

Since I used this airpod mainly for phonecall, and switch a lot between skype for business on my mac and cellular iphone call, sometimes, the connection got confused (switch between devices) and has some issue (not smoothly), and I must reconnect several times in order to received calls from mac or iphone

For sound / mic quality (in the room or noisy environment), comfortable wearing 1 earpiece 4-6 hours everyday, battery quality, no complaint
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    06-07-2017 07:45 AM

Cool thing I haven't seen mentioned here on this thread, the earpods have a find me function if you lose one or both under find my iPhone. Had lost one while at work and was able to chirp them individually, left or right or both.. Thought that was an awesome feature
    06-08-2017 09:51 PM
    It worked well for the battery checking

Since I used this airpod mainly for phonecall, and switch a lot between skype for business on my mac and cellular iphone call, sometimes, the connection got confused (switch between devices) and has some issue (not smoothly), and I must reconnect several times in order to received calls from mac or iphone

For sound / mic quality (in the room or noisy environment), comfortable wearing 1 earpiece 4-6 hours everyday, battery quality, no complaint
    So are you going to keep them?
    06-08-2017 11:57 PM
    So are you going to keep them?
    Sure it's useful for me
    06-09-2017 12:39 AM
    Sure it's useful for me
    Good, I was worried cause of your country's no return
    06-09-2017 12:44 AM
    Good, I was worried cause of your country's no return
    Ya ... no regret , thx for your review
    06-09-2017 12:48 AM
    I was in Cupertino yesterday and the Apple Store had some. By the time I got there they were gone :-( but I think I found a Walmart with 5 in my area so I'm going to take a trip there on Monday and get all 5 lol
    06-09-2017 01:23 PM
    So I bought all 5 AirPods they had in stock
    06-10-2017 02:29 PM
    So I bought all 5 AirPods they had in stock
    You must have a lot of ears!

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    06-10-2017 03:12 PM

Far from it lol
    06-10-2017 04:41 PM

Spencerdl likes this.
    06-10-2017 06:54 PM
    Wow. What are you going to do, sell them?
    06-10-2017 06:55 PM
    Sell them lol. Ones already spoken for, but the other 4 are still free
    06-10-2017 06:57 PM
    Worth $159? Apparently so, for me, since I just ordered a pair from Verizon where there's no delay or price "premium". I'll get them Wednesday with free two-day shipping. Sometimes Verizon isn't overpriced! Go figure.

I have yet to meet a pair of Bluetooth earbuds or headphones that I didn't think were almost more trouble than they're worth, including one pair with active noise cancellation that cost more than this which I never use--just too much hassle to mess with. I'm hoping the rave reviews aren't just hype and I can finally get some that aren't a PITA to use. We'll see on Wednesday!
    06-11-2017 01:47 PM
    Worth it!
    Three of my sisters decided to get AirPods, thanks to me :P
    You're welcome Apple
    Spencerdl and Jude526 like this.
    08-12-2017 10:59 AM
    I still like my AirPods but find I use my EarPods a good bit right now. For just ease of use (plug them in) they work well. I use them with my MBP a lot so I don't have to connect/disconnect/reconnect. If I want to walk around with my iPhone, I use the AirPods for that. But I won't get rid of my EarPods for now.
    09-04-2017 01:24 PM
    Update: After having them for almost three months the answer is "NO", they aren't worth that much money to me. Apple states that they "instantly pair with an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or other Apple device, with seamless switching between iCloud-connected devices" but that has not at all been my experience. I have to manually pair of them about half the time. My $29 Bluetooth headphones do better in that regard.

Two thumbs down!
    SABRIAN70 and tadpoles like this.
    09-04-2017 05:23 PM
245 ... 78910