Are AirPods worth $159 USD to you?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was excited when they were first announced, but now it's been gradually going away. I'm not excited anymore and probably won't buy them. Now I wait for the new iPad Pro release.

Agreed. If they would have made them available when the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus went on sale or shortly thereafter, I would have purchased them. Now, however, purchasing them is not a priority.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
What do you currently use?

My kids & I are addicted to headphones lol...the ones I use more often are Bose Soundsport Wireless, QC35, Soundlink Wireless & Beats Studio Wireless. I rotate throughout the week based on how I feel lol. I want the Powerbeats 3....but I think I need to just chill for a while

What do you use?

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
My kids & I are addicted to headphones lol...the ones I use more often are Bose Soundsport Wireless, QC35, Soundlink Wireless & Beats Studio Wireless. I rotate throughout the week based on how I feel lol. I want the Powerbeats 3....but I think I need to just chill for a while

What do you use?

I currently use the UE 900s. I'm saving up to get the UE 18+ Pros (custom IEMs)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I currently use the UE 900s. I'm saving up to get the UE 18+ Pros (custom IEMs)

Those are awesome I was placed on a budget by the man so I can't get purchase any earbuds over $200 He also limited me with the tv & I can only have a 65" He's so damn practical

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Those are awesome I was placed on a budget by the man so I can't get purchase any earbuds over $200 He also limited me with the tv & I can only have a 65" He's so damn practical

Lol aren't the QC35s over your budget then?
...only a 65" oh no...

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
My saving grace was they're over the ear & not earbuds lol

I'm also still on my mission to get my 78" so I can move the 65 to the bedroom

over the ear and not earbuds eh? Got all technical.
I tried the QC35's at Target or Best Buy. Wasn't too impressed with the sound quality.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
over the ear and not earbuds eh? Got all technical.
I tried the QC35's at Target or Best Buy. Wasn't too impressed with the sound quality.

Lol...he said earbuds so yeah, I had to get technical The noise canceling was the best I had tried and I travel a lot, so I need that so I don't hear the plane or the person next to me that's trying to talk

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Lol...he said earbuds so yeah, I had to get technical The noise canceling was the best I had tried and I travel a lot, so I need that so I don't hear the plane or the person next to me that's trying to talk

Yeah, that's why I like earbuds with a good seal. Can't hear for outside noise. People try to talk to me and I just look at them and continue on.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
$159 for Airpods? No, not worth it to me. However great they may sound or not, if they don't stay in my ears, then they're worthless to me. Unless I'm willing to wear a headband. Not!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I was excited when they were first announced, but now it's been gradually going away. I'm not excited anymore and probably won't buy them. Now I wait for the new iPad Pro release.

Agreed. If they would have made them available when the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus went on sale or shortly thereafter, I would have purchased them. Now, however, purchasing them is not a priority.

Reading this makes me wonder how badly the delay affected sales. I'd imagine a lot of people probably feel the same way. The time that passed allowed the wow factor to diminish I'd imagine.

I'm waiting until they start getting in folks hands to hear how others like them. The price is steep but if the audio quality is good I'd like the convenience of being wirefree at work while at my desk. One headphone in and being able to charge the other is pretty nice.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I just bought them for €179, as I'm Dutch. I think the auto pause feature, charging pod and the audio quality more than justify the price.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I think at the $159 price point they are a fair price. Of course people are always going to want to pay less but if you go into the apple store (carries premium headphones) the AirPods are going to be one of the least expensive bluetooth headphones on the wall. I was honestly expecting them to price them at $199. I picked a pair up this morning at my local store. So far they are just as advertised. I wont be using them on flights because my Bose QC35's are much better for noise cancelation and comfort and they probably wont replace my PowerBeats because they fit a little tighter while I'm running BUT these will be amazing for commuting on the train, walking around the city, and using them for phone calls! Very happy to have them in my pocket.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen