AirPods now available! Who's excited?

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Honestly didn't think they were going to be available before 2017. So definitely a lovely surprise! Unfortuntely they only arrive locally for me sometime next year but ill definitely be going down to the store to at least have a look at them. Im a big fan of wireless earphone. no more knots in my pocket! :D

Impstoker

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I am so much looking forward to these!
Apple's Earpods always fit me very well and stay in my ears perfectly. I've tried many in-ear headphones by I find that experience awful. I really like the idea of listening to podcasts with 1 earbud in so you can easily hear your surroundings. The hard case to recharge seems awesome, something you can easily always keep in your pocket!
Mine will be delivered on Tuesday the 20th. Can't wait!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Honestly didn't think they were going to be available before 2017. So definitely a lovely surprise! Unfortuntely they only arrive locally for me sometime next year but ill definitely be going down to the store to at least have a look at them. Im a big fan of wireless earphone. no more knots in my pocket! :D

I don't get the knots, but I do get the cord caught on drawer pulls in the kitchen (phone in my pocket). Always a PITA to turn around and have it snag. :mad:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
When they was first introduced I was excited, but now not as much. Not sure if I will be getting a pair now as I'm happy with my current Bluetooth earbuds. We shall see what the future brings. Maybe iMore should have a Apple AirPods contest...Hint, Hint....LOL

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm probably one of the few who are not excited about them at all. I actually prefer over the ear or on ear headphones and own two wireless sets. Sony and Sol Republic. Both sets work well for me.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm also not excited about the new AirPods. Aside from the missing cords, it appears to be the same design that is bundled with the iPhone, which has to be the worst fitting ear buds I have ever used. I will stick with my current $60 skullcandy wireless earbuds, which works fine for me.

anon(9758025)

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm super excited and hope to win the iMore contest for one of the four and hope the rest of you are participating if you haven't already bought them. This is one of the pieces of tech I've been wanting since their initial announcement at the iPhone 7 event :D. I really wanna try these but don't wanna buy them if there is a possibility of a black pair of Air Pods comes out in the near future. Anyone else think that might be a thing?

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I think I will around Christmas time. EarPods fit perfectly for me but I kinda need something for the gym, so maybe not. Opinions? For those who get them, let me know what they're like? I use Siri a lot (more so from my watch) so but the price of them kinda makes me want to invest in a pair of equal price for the gym and use my wired ones that come in the box like I do now.

Always have them in my pocket.
Headphones, wallet, phone, keys and a lighter. Before leaving my apt, I count to five while taping each pocket to make sure I have everything.

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Can't recall where I heard this -- maybe from Jony Ive's design video during the September keynote? -- but I believe Apple redesigned the AirPods to fit a wider variety of ear shapes than the original EarPods design.

HBLEY

Banned
Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I have ordered two pairs. One for me and the other one for my brother. As he'll snatch mine if he found out I haven't ordered for him!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner