Status change on airpods

applefan4515

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Just checked apples site as I have been for the past couple days. The status on airpods have changed from available late October to currently unavailable.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

si001

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok I just googled Airpods delayed and found nada, so IF that has happened there isn't a peep about it. I see BOTH listed on the website It says Currently Unavailable AND also says Available Late October. Yes I suppose this IS late October, but it looks like they need at least a few more days and who knows maybe more!

Here are a few more choices for you.....

https://www.cnet.com/news/11-alternative-wireless-earbud-headphones-that-arent-the-apple-airpods/

Is it just me or all the other Bluetooth earbud are big and ugly compared to apple's?

applefan4515

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Is it just me or all the other Bluetooth earbud are big and ugly compared to apple's?

Probably just you haha. I don't think they look bad. Everyone wants them to be smaller and all that with no stem. But I think it will work out. Jaybird's stuck so far out of my ears it was weird.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Wait you LIKE the look of the Apple ones? Now while I don;t think they are THAT bad they are far from elegant. At least in MHO. ;) I kinda like the Samsung ones, BUT they are Android only and that won't work for me, I'm an all platforms fanboy!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Wait you LIKE the look of the Apple ones? Now while I don;t think they are THAT bad they are far from elegant. At least in MHO. ;) I kinda like the Samsung ones, BUT they are Android only and that won't work for me, I'm an all platforms fanboy!

I personally don't like the design. I get the "EarPods without a cord" look but they're awkward. I'm probably going to pass but we'll see if they grow on me over time.

si001

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Ah. Well good for me if everyone thinks they're ugly, they won't sell very well so the price will drop ;)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Ah. Well good for me if everyone thinks they're ugly, they won't sell very well so the price will drop ;)

The price really does need to drop, lol. $159 for headphones that don't offer better sound quality than the $29 wired ones seems a bit silly, imo.

si001

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
The price really does need to drop, lol. $159 for headphones that don't offer better sound quality than the $29 wired ones seems a bit silly, imo.

And you can add a good 40% to that 159$ because here, "we the north". A bit too expensive for me.

cMc

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Kinda bummed they've been delayed. It's more than I wanted to pay, but I'm intrigued. I hate ear buds that "plug" my ear canal. I like the ability to hear around the bud. Apples wired set sound adequate, but not sure I could ever go back to wired. I'm currently using the wrap around Motorola S305. Decent utilitarian set (and if Apple's aren't very good, I'll go back). I'm excited to try the air pods. Would have liked to have seen the volume control by sliding up the side like the Samsung set.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77