AirPod concern

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Although I plan on getting a pair of the new Apple AirPods when they go on sale, I do have a concern. It was stated that they had a 5 hour continuous use before needing to be recharged. Does continuous use include simply being turned on or does it mean continuously listening to sounds coming from the AirPods. If the former, that's not a long time, in my opinion. Anyway, what are your thoughts about it?

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
In all honesty I think its LONG overdue that Apple made wireless listening devices. Not a big fan of the design because of the stems sticking down like that.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In all honesty I think its LONG overdue that Apple made wireless listening devices. Not a big fan of the design because of the stems sticking down like that.

At first glance, I was thinking the same thing and preferred that the stems be a tad shorter. Then I recall the ones I used to have years back that extended all the way to the front of the mouth with a big cotton ball looking mic...(laughing)....Now the AirPods look just fine as they are....

rc81589

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Although I plan on getting a pair of the new Apple AirPods when they go on sale, I do have a concern. It was stated that they had a 5 hour continuous use before needing to be recharged. Does continuous use include simply being turned on or does it mean continuously listening to sounds coming from the AirPods. If the former, that's not a long time, in my opinion. Anyway, what are your thoughts about it?

I believe the time is of continuous listening. The infrared sensors know power them off when you removed them from your ear. You can also use one (Left only or Right only) at a time and essentially get 10hrs if you'd like to use them at work for example....

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I believe the time is of continuous listening. The infrared sensors know power them off when you removed them from your ear. You can also use one (Left only or Right only) at a time and essentially get 10hrs if you'd like to use them at work for example....

Outstanding, and thank you...

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I believe it's listening time. I suspect the battery drain will be much less if the device is simply connected and not doing anything. Plus, when connected it looks like battery notifications and management is quite integrated. Should be good!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It's a little disconcerting that they only have a 5 hour continuous use cycle. Most others have at least 8-10 hours now, that and they're still EarPods. While it's nice that they offer AirPods, I will not be getting them myself, especially not at that ungodly price. I can spend the same money elsewhere and get far better Bluetooth earphones.

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
It seems to me, they have a 5hr life span from the moment they exit their charging case. Because it seems like there is no "ON" button, so I'm guessing times starts ticking down from the moment they are taking of their charger.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I think it's 5 hours of use not total or stand by. My question is are they Bluetooth or another type of signal connection with the chip that's in them ?

rc81589

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
It seems to me, they have a 5hr life span from the moment they exit their charging case. Because it seems like there is no "ON" button, so I'm guessing times starts ticking down from the moment they are taking of their charger.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I will buy the Airpods !

What would be cool is if we could use the carrying case of the Airpods to charge the iPhone sometime ?
It would be very cool !

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Does the air pod case have its own battery or must it be plugged in to the mains ?

They have their own batteries as well as a charging case that holds its own charge. You should only have to use a wire if the case needs recharging.

Bob Garon

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I wish Apple would have the ear buds, not pods, so they'd stay in my ears when I go running. I know the pods are more better looking, but I'm for function over aesthetics. I think they can find a way to do both. Also ear buds are better for noise cancelling from my experience.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods