AirTags

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Congrats, I have one for my keys and think they’re great too.
Imho the entire FindMy network is an excellent value add for IPhone/Apple eco users.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I agree! And I am tempted to get another for my husband's keys. He dropped them the other day, and I picked them up. I put them on his desk, which he immediately covered up with some papers, and of course, I was unjustly blamed for misplacing them!!! I would love to put an AirTag on his keyring, but he wouldn't tolerate the extra bulk (which isn't really bad)!!!

si001

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
My life is way easier since my wife have an airtag in her bag, on on her AirPods, and on her keys.
No more “where’s this, where’s that”

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm yet to use my AirTags for finding anything. It is more common that I ping my phone from my watch than anything else.

This said, I'm considering buying an AirTag for my office keychain, because I always forget where I leave them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve yet to purchase an AirTag and if I bought one, I wouldn’t even know what to use it with. I really don’t misplace things like my wallet, keys, phone, etcetera. Sometime last summer, I returned home from getting groceries at a Publix grocery store and then panicked when I thought I left my iPhone at the register. Of course, it wasn’t there when I went to retrieve it. My iPhone is almost always on me and sure enough it was in one of the cargo pockets of the jogger pants I was wearing.

I supposed that would have been a good time to have an AirTag, huh?….(Laughing)

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I’ve yet to purchase an AirTag and if I bought one, I wouldn’t even know what to use it with. I really don’t misplace things like my wallet, keys, phone, etcetera. Sometime last summer, I returned home from getting groceries at a Publix grocery store and then panicked when I thought I left my iPhone at the register. Of course, it wasn’t there when I went to retrieve it. My iPhone is almost always on me and sure enough it was in one of the cargo pockets of the jogger pants I was wearing.

I supposed that would have been a good time to have an AirTag, huh?….(Laughing)

Agree. I’m just not sure what I would use it for. I’ve lived without one all my life and don’t see how it would improve anything.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have one in my Rogue. It acts like a LoJack
I don’t misplace keys a lot but good to have.
Glad I have them. Got the 4 pack. I have found uses for all 4

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I totally understand that POV. I have not used “hey Siri where’s my keys” yet for my AirTag that’s attached to my key ring. I see the AirTag as an inexpensive insurance policy. For 30 bucks plus a few bucks for a battery every following year, I get peace of mind. I put AirTag on the level of paying a couple bucks monthly for ICloud backup. I also haven’t needed a backup in a few years — but if the moment comes I do need it (or the moment comes I can’t find my keys that fell out of my pocket somewhere), the few bucks for iCloud or 30$ for AirTag will have been money very extremely well spent.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I gave on to my nephew for Christmas and he has a young dog that has decided its fun to explore the neighborhood from time to time. So my nephew put his AirTag on the dog’s collar. Last night, while having dinner with his parents, his iPhone kept alerting my nephew that he had left Murphy behind (who was safely indoors at home)!

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I gave on to my nephew for Christmas and he has a young dog that has decided its fun to explore the neighborhood from time to time. So my nephew put his AirTag on the dog’s collar. Last night, while having dinner with his parents, his iPhone kept alerting my nephew that he had left Murphy behind (who was safely indoors at home)!

That sounds hilarious given the circumstances.

si001

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Most of the time it's like a fail safe, or peace of mind. For example I have one in my work backpack where I carry my laptop. The day something will happen to that backpack, I'll be glad to have an Airtag hidden in there.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Most of the time it's like a fail safe, or peace of mind. For example I have one in my work backpack where I carry my laptop. The day something will happen to that backpack, I'll be glad to have an Airtag hidden in there.

I had a vehicle stolen years ago
Having it in my Rogue gives me peace of mind. It knows where I park and alerts me and questions if ok not on my list! So with that said, glad to have them

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

I do the same thing. Also, my devices all have kill switches, have remote location reporting, and they are all encrypted. This is to reduce the consequences of device theft :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have one in my Rogue. It acts like a LoJack
I don’t misplace keys a lot but good to have.
Glad I have them. Got the 4 pack. I have found uses for all 4

Same here I keep mine in my car for now so it’s in use daily.

I bought a four pack for Christmas with the free engrave and I kept one

I also bought a dog collar attachment for when I go sightseeing and have my Furbaby off leach I will AirTag him just in case we get separated

got berry

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I had a vehicle stolen years ago
Having it in my Rogue gives me peace of mind. It knows where I park and alerts me and questions if ok not on my list! So with that said, glad to have them

I would like to put one in all of my cars. My concern is will it constantly notify my wife and daughter who also drive the cars that they are being tracked by an unknown device?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I would like to put one in all of my cars. My concern is will it constantly notify my wife and daughter who also drive the cars that they are being tracked by an unknown device?

If they know that they are there, then it probably wouldn't bother them.

I've decided I need one more. I have lost my purse 3 times (in the house, btw) in the last week. It is so annoying, but I'm the only one to blame! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro