An ISP contractor guy came out a week ago to check my Internet. He said it was fine but it’s signal strength that’s problem, since the way my house was built with brick which was back in the 50s. I was wondering if guys have heard of this because he recommends it to everyone
    08-31-2021 11:22 AM
    If you already have a Wi-Fi network, consider purchasing a couple of Wi-Fi Range extenders. It would be cheaper, in my opinion.
    08-31-2021 11:31 AM
    I know every single person has their own opinion on everything but he said Wi-Fi extenders don’t work. do you have any you recommend
    08-31-2021 11:53 AM
    I used several years back and never had a problem with connectivity. Hopefully someone who are using one or have recently will reply soon.
    08-31-2021 01:10 PM
    I have tried PowerLine Ethernet. It was not reliable in my scenario, latencies shot up to as high as 2000ms avg to my gateway ​wired.

I ended up running Cat6 Twisted Pair Ethernet on my condo walls (3 runs total). Now the latency averages 0.5ms.
    I already had 2 Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access points that I'm fully taking advantage of
    08-31-2021 05:33 PM
    Your interior walls are brick ? Or is your internet delivered to your home via Wi-Fi ? Do you have internet issues ? Did you contact your ISP and ask them to send someone out or did this guy just show up ? If he just showed up, have you contacted your ISP and ask them if they sent this contractor ?
    09-01-2021 05:34 PM
    Your interior walls are brick ? Or is your internet delivered to your home via Wi-Fi ? Do you have internet issues ? Did you contact your ISP and ask them to send someone out or did this guy just show up ? If he just showed up, have you contacted your ISP and ask them if they sent this contractor ?
    sorry for the late response. yes, my interior walls are brick. The ISP contractor guy came because I put in a call to my ISP complaining about slowness. my main streaming room which is about 15-20 feet away from the router around corners and through brick walls. The TV then I do streaming The streaming on has my contour TV from my cable company and a Apple TV hooked up to it
    09-03-2021 11:17 AM