Wi-Fi suggestions

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
An ISP contractor guy came out a week ago to check my Internet. He said it was fine but it’s signal strength that’s problem, since the way my house was built with brick which was back in the 50s. I was wondering if guys have heard of this because he recommends it to everyone
2144af0a4a4743aec29c0f1eeda2385e.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you already have a Wi-Fi network, consider purchasing a couple of Wi-Fi Range extenders. It would be cheaper, in my opinion.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I know every single person has their own opinion on everything but he said Wi-Fi extenders don’t work. do you have any you recommend

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I used several years back and never had a problem with connectivity. Hopefully someone who are using one or have recently will reply soon.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have tried PowerLine Ethernet. It was not reliable in my scenario, latencies shot up to as high as 2000ms avg to my gateway ​wired.

I ended up running Cat6 Twisted Pair Ethernet on my condo walls (3 runs total). Now the latency averages 0.5ms.
I already had 2 Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access points that I'm fully taking advantage of :)

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Your interior walls are brick ? Or is your internet delivered to your home via Wi-Fi ? Do you have internet issues ? Did you contact your ISP and ask them to send someone out or did this guy just show up ? If he just showed up, have you contacted your ISP and ask them if they sent this contractor ?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Your interior walls are brick ? Or is your internet delivered to your home via Wi-Fi ? Do you have internet issues ? Did you contact your ISP and ask them to send someone out or did this guy just show up ? If he just showed up, have you contacted your ISP and ask them if they sent this contractor ?

sorry for the late response. yes, my interior walls are brick. The ISP contractor guy came because I put in a call to my ISP complaining about slowness. my main streaming room which is about 15-20 feet away from the router around corners and through brick walls. The TV then I do streaming The streaming on has my contour TV from my cable company and a Apple TV hooked up to it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73