Wireless charger stopped charging well. It’s like it turns off & on! Any ideas what’s going on?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
bc47bcaffb4c558543c290ae27f7af73.jpg
d1ac32e82a154e57d2c039cf2110c79b.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wireless charger stopped charging well. It’s like it turns off & on! Any ideas what’s going on?

If you haven’t already tried, try repositioning your iPhone. The reason I say that is because I had a wireless charging base a while back (Samsung, I think) and during charging, my iPhone would slide off center and stop charging. I ended up giving the charging base away.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wireless charger stopped charging well. It’s like it turns off & on! Any ideas what’s going on?

If you haven’t already tried, try repositioning your iPhone. The reason I say that is because I had a wireless charging base a while back (Samsung, I think) and during charging, my iPhone would slide off center and stop charging. I ended up giving the charging base away.

Yes! It’s a Samsung! He gave it to me when I upgraded from my 6 to an XR! It’s been doing fine but here lately. He told me the same thing. I’ll keep trying then. I’m about over it myself!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I have two Belkin wireless charger and positioning is key (no pun intended)! Have you tried moving it to another location? That might help!

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Another excellent reason for not using wireless chargers !!

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Wireless charger stopped charging well. It’s like it turns off & on! Any ideas what’s going on?

I have the Samsung wireless charger, a RAV, and another one I bought on Amazon. I have had issues with all of them turning off. But when I grab my phone it is hot to the touch. I think the chipset in apples hardware turns off the charging until the iPhone cools off. It doesn’t happen all the time but it happens enough for me to notice. I do use  wall chargers for all the wireless charging pads. So I don’t know what it could be. And yes they are all fast chargers.

P.S. try using it without the case to keep it cool. See what happens.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

Your battery is completely discharged. Does wired “wireless” charging still work when the device is completely discharged ? Try charginging it to 20% or so with a lightning cable and then switch charging methods.

You should also try plugging the wire on you wireless charger into a different charger or ac outlet.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

With a 'more vertically oriented' charger ( like my Anker) the positioning issue mostly goes away as the phone has to be really 'off centre' before charging is affected

ef1ee19f7990251ea54a986c3420f959.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2