Do you have multiple cords to charge your iPhone / iPad?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone/iPad charging

I have yet to get a wireless charger for at home. I am going classic wired for now.
I’m not worried about depleting batteries, as a replacement costs lest than 80 bucks.

It's about time to come into the present. Plug in is so yesterday...LOL

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It's about time to come into the present. Plug in is so yesterday...LOL

Count me in among the “plug in is so yesterday” crowd.

I had two wireless charging devices and gave them both away. It takes me a second to plug in my iPhone for the night to recharge to capacity.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Count me in among the “plug in is so yesterday” crowd.

I had two wireless charging devices and gave them both away. It takes me a second to plug in my iPhone for the night to recharge to capacity.

It doesn't take me that long...LOL

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

I keep a small pouch in my briefcase with a Griffin USB wall charger with 3 ports. 1 for a USB lightning cable ( iPad) another for a micro USB for QI pad for phone. Last USB micro port is for 'local phone' which provides wifi-hotspot for data.....

Ditto with something similar. In my laptop bag I keep a usb charger with 4 ports and a couple extra cables. I also keep a solar powered battery with wireless charging. I also have wireless charging in my car.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Ditto with something similar. In my laptop bag I keep a usb charger with 4 ports and a couple extra cables. I also keep a solar powered battery with wireless charging. I also have wireless charging in my car.

Yes, I also keep the kitchen sink in my bag.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
iPhone/iPad charging

Yep, and you’re the first one screaming “My phones dead! Who’s got a charger?????”

Actually my Laptop bag is pretty much well stocked just like yours and I could probably accommodate a small Army...I guess we both have a problem. LOL . *the Kitchen Sink* comment was a joke.

Last edited:

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

How often do you guys charge your iPhone? I got mine replaced over Thanksgiving because of a shattered camera that lead to the whole back being shattered because of how I dropped it. Are you guys worried about battery? My battery health is still at 100%. I was just wondering how often or at a certain percentage you guys charge it

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
iPhone/iPad charging

I set it on a vertical type Anker wireless over night every night, and on a flat coaster type when away from the bedroom. I let the 'optimized charging' take care of the management. Phone is 3 years old, battery 93%.... I've never ever used any thing 'fast charging' though and don't need to as phone is rarely below 80% charge.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
iPhone/iPad charging

What is fast charging compared to coaster like charging. I have a Mophie coaster that I rarely use compared to my anker lightning port charger. Someone I follow on Twitter says to limit your charging? I guess that really doesn’t matter? I know everyone has their own opinions

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
The Anker simply orients vertically, phone always correctly positioned, 'coaster' reminding me of cork drink coasters on an end table.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Never do, never have. I use 'settings/battery /battery health / and leave 'optimum battery charging' to do the wizardry. I do not use fast chargers or car chargers.

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I always have a usb to lightning cable with me for charging my phone whenever I need to.
So far I have always made it back home without having to charge while out and about or working.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
If I am going out for a long day I take my little tube type Anker battery pack. That and battery saver mode will get me home.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a Smart Battery Case on my iPhone. It’s smaller battery is generally out by the end of a work day , and midday on weekends.

I have chargers at home and in my car. But unless the battery is low, I will only charge it overnight. And with Optimize Battery Charging enabled.

It will charge until 80% using fast charging and then wait until 5:00 to complete the work.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Is there a period where Optimized Battery Charging 'learns' your habits? I ask because only now ( 2 weeks and 'loose change' after I got my iPhone 12, - in lockdown & curfew I've lost track of time in a way -) and only now does it seem to inhibit charging much beyond 85% until daybreak. ( Normal get-up time at our house is 6 AM 'dog-duty') Strangely also, although enabled, it never really affected my 8+ that I perceived, nor my wife's 8+', but my 12 behaves differently.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner