Do you have multiple cords to charge your iPhone / iPad?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got back from Texas today after being there since Friday. I was wondering how many people takes separate cords to charge their iPhone/iPad or what do you do to make it where you don’t have to have so many cords or chargers

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone/iPad charging

I keep a small pouch in my briefcase with a Griffin USB wall charger with 3 ports. 1 for a USB lightning cable ( iPad) another for a micro USB for QI pad for phone. Last USB micro port is for 'local phone' which provides wifi-hotspot for data.....

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

I have a charging pad that charges my iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods all at the same time. I also keep an extra lightning cable for my iPad.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

if I understand everything correctly I have kind of been wondering if it’s better on the battery to charge it overnight with the iPad charger or the standard iPhone charger. I have been told by One of the tech guys I follow on YouTube says the iPad charger charge it quicker. I know everyone has their own opinions but I was just seeing what you guys do

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
iPhone/iPad charging

I take my cue from what's worked well at home for several years, a dual USB Griffin powerblock at each bedside table

https://griffintechnology.com/products/powerblock-dual-wall-charger-lightning-cable

So when mobile I use the small triple for an extra phone.

https://www.imphonesmart.com/products/griffin-powerblock-universal-3-port-charger

Phones while home are charged with Anker verticle style pads overnight, iPads with cable. When mobile I use a flat disc QI for phone.

At desk, my lamp has a single USB power port into which I connect a QI disc for the phone.

But having to collect & pack accessories as such each time travelling is a sure fire way to forget stuff so my 'go-kit' remains intact as such.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I use the iPad charging brick all the time when charging my iPad and I do think it does charge faster. I have never noticed that Thai practice has had an adverse effect on my iPhone battery.

When traveling I always carry a few cords, charging blocks and even a battery charger for just in case!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I have a power bank, lightning cable, iPad charger brick and Watch charger cable with me, as well as a micro usb cable for other peripherals.
I keep those in my passport pouch so I have quick access to them whenever I need it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I use a couple of qi chargers, and also my iPad brick to charge my devices. I have a couple of power banks, which are currently charging because we're due for some high winds tomorrow, and I want to be prepared. I keep them in a tech pouch which I can access any time.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
iPhone/iPad charging

I know everything is personal preference. I’ve heard that QI charging will make the phone warm or even deplete the battery faster then regular charging. What do you guys think?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I know everything is personal preference. I’ve heard that QI charging will make the phone warm or even deplete the battery faster then regular charging. What do you guys think?

I have yet to get a wireless charger for at home. I am going classic wired for now.
I’m not worried about depleting batteries, as a replacement costs lest than 80 bucks.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

I've used virtually nothing but QI for 2 years, my wife for almost 3, both on iPhone 8Plus. Her battery health still 90% mine 94%. Very slightly warm, sometimes, but no worse than with cable charge. Flat 'drink coaster' type chargers around at various places, Anker 'vertical stand' at both besides. Power source Griffin powerblocks.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Does the new MagSafe pretty much more magnets then QI? The QI I got last year for Christmas seems to only work if you have it positioned right. I don’t use it much because of that

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

Does the new MagSafe pretty much more magnets then QI? The QI I got last year for Christmas seems to only work if you have it positioned right. I don’t use it much because of that

Since ( a year or so) we started using charge stands rather than the flat 'drink coaster type' the placement issue has mostly disappeared ie you have to be really wayyyyy off center for this type not to charge. It will work with phone set vertically or horizontally as well IMG_3169.jpg

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

I just got this message. Wondering if anybody had this “optimized battery charging” message before (iPhone 11). I have noticed this on my moms iPhone 7 but only once and awhile. IMG_0251.JPG

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Why wouldn’t it do it every time if it’s normal and not every now and then. Just wondering

Your iPhone uses on-device machine learning to learn your daily charging routine so that Optimized Battery Charging activates only when your iPhone predicts it will be connected to a charger for an extended period of time.

Optimized charging is designed to engage only in locations where you spend the most time, such as your home and place of work. The feature doesn't engage when your usage habits are more variable, such as when you travel. Because of this, some location settings must be enabled for Optimized Battery Charging to activate.

Source: the link I posted in my previous reply...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW