Score a saving on iPad Pro (2021): $100 off at Amazon

(Laughing)....I hear ya!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-27-2020 11:10 AM
    I keep a small pouch in my briefcase with a Griffin USB wall charger with 3 ports. 1 for a USB lightning cable ( iPad) another for a micro USB for QI pad for phone. Last USB micro port is for 'local phone' which provides wifi-hotspot for data.....
    Ditto with something similar. In my laptop bag I keep a usb charger with 4 ports and a couple extra cables. I also keep a solar powered battery with wireless charging. I also have wireless charging in my car.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-27-2020 08:23 PM
    Ditto with something similar. In my laptop bag I keep a usb charger with 4 ports and a couple extra cables. I also keep a solar powered battery with wireless charging. I also have wireless charging in my car.
    Yes, I also keep the kitchen sink in my bag.
    12-27-2020 09:19 PM
    Yes, I also keep the kitchen sink in my bag.
    Yep, and you’re the first one screaming “My phones dead! Who’s got a charger?????”
    12-27-2020 09:23 PM
    Yep, and you’re the first one screaming “My phones dead! Who’s got a charger?????”
    Actually my Laptop bag is pretty much well stocked just like yours and I could probably accommodate a small Army...I guess we both have a problem. LOL . *the Kitchen Sink* comment was a joke.
    Last edited by Spencerdl; 12-28-2020 at 05:14 AM.
    12-27-2020 09:25 PM
    How often do you guys charge your iPhone? I got mine replaced over Thanksgiving because of a shattered camera that lead to the whole back being shattered because of how I dropped it. Are you guys worried about battery? My battery health is still at 100%. I was just wondering how often or at a certain percentage you guys charge it
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    01-15-2021 12:31 PM
    I set it on a vertical type Anker wireless over night every night, and on a flat coaster type when away from the bedroom. I let the 'optimized charging' take care of the management. Phone is 3 years old, battery 93%.... I've never ever used any thing 'fast charging' though and don't need to as phone is rarely below 80% charge.
    Chris Cook5 likes this.
    01-15-2021 12:36 PM
    What is fast charging compared to coaster like charging. I have a Mophie coaster that I rarely use compared to my anker lightning port charger. Someone I follow on Twitter says to limit your charging? I guess that really doesn’t matter? I know everyone has their own opinions
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    01-15-2021 12:44 PM
    The Anker simply orients vertically, phone always correctly positioned, 'coaster' reminding me of cork drink coasters on an end table.
    01-15-2021 12:59 PM
    So do you try to limit your charging or don’t worry about it
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    01-15-2021 01:16 PM
    Never do, never have. I use 'settings/battery /battery health / and leave 'optimum battery charging' to do the wizardry. I do not use fast chargers or car chargers.
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 01-15-2021 at 02:19 PM.
    01-15-2021 01:20 PM
    I always have a usb to lightning cable with me for charging my phone whenever I need to.
    So far I have always made it back home without having to charge while out and about or working.
    01-15-2021 04:46 PM
    If I am going out for a long day I take my little tube type Anker battery pack. That and battery saver mode will get me home.
    01-15-2021 05:06 PM
    I have a Smart Battery Case on my iPhone. It’s smaller battery is generally out by the end of a work day , and midday on weekends.

I have chargers at home and in my car. But unless the battery is low, I will only charge it overnight. And with Optimize Battery Charging enabled.

It will charge until 80% using fast charging and then wait until 5:00 to complete the work.
    01-15-2021 07:04 PM
    Is there a period where Optimized Battery Charging 'learns' your habits? I ask because only now ( 2 weeks and 'loose change' after I got my iPhone 12, - in lockdown & curfew I've lost track of time in a way -) and only now does it seem to inhibit charging much beyond 85% until daybreak. ( Normal get-up time at our house is 6 AM 'dog-duty') Strangely also, although enabled, it never really affected my 8+ that I perceived, nor my wife's 8+', but my 12 behaves differently.
    02-06-2021 05:06 PM
    Is there a period where Optimized Battery Charging 'learns' your habits? I ask because only now ( 2 weeks and 'loose change' after I got my iPhone 12, - in lockdown & curfew I've lost track of time in a way -) and only now does it seem to inhibit charging much beyond 85% until daybreak. ( Normal get-up time at our house is 6 AM 'dog-duty') Strangely also, although enabled, it never really affected my 8+ that I perceived, nor my wife's 8+', but my 12 behaves differently.
    There is a learning period.
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    02-06-2021 05:14 PM
    I use a couple of qi chargers, and also my iPad brick to charge my devices. I have a couple of power banks, which are currently charging because we're due for some high winds tomorrow, and I want to be prepared. I keep them in a tech pouch which I can access any time.
    Updating to add that I now have two Lightning to USB-c cords and two USB-c chargers, one at home, and one in my office at work. I've not purchased a mag safe charger, yet. I'm not sure that I will.
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    02-08-2021 09:16 AM
    Each side of our bed for bedside table is a Griffin dual USB charger 5V / 2.4 Amp. (12W) 1 cable is lightning for iPad, other is USB A to Anker QI verticle style charger. Spare room has 1 Griffin Dual with 1 12W & 1 5W port. I use the 12 for QI disc ( Klipxtreme) for iPhone and the 5 for lightning to my iPad mini. A couple of other QI discs around the house. 1 'Allpowers' 2 port PowerBrick in a drawer & checked ( topped up) weekly 'just in case'. Most charging is done overnight all devices so fast-charge not required. In the travel bag I carry a QI disc too and a Griffin 'Triple' charge block 3X 5V 2A USB Ports. 1 for USB A to disc, 1 USB to lightning (iPad) & one old style USB A for a travelling Android phone.
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 02-08-2021 at 02:45 PM.
    Annie_M likes this.
    02-08-2021 10:09 AM
    One 6' Anker USB-C to lightning Powerline+ lll cable, and one Anker 10' USB Powerline+ ll cable.
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    02-08-2021 11:42 AM
    I've got chargers all around my house. Never know when and where I'm going to need to plug in. Have my car charger and a charger for my phone and watch at my work desk. Stay ready so you never have to get ready, lol.
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    02-08-2021 12:18 PM
    I've got chargers all around my house. Never know when and where I'm going to need to plug in. Have my car charger and a charger for my phone and watch at my work desk. Stay ready so you never have to get ready, lol.
    Same here, lol.
    05-10-2021 03:03 AM
    Chargers all over the place cables everywhere, one or two of which really ought to be thrown away ! still got some 30 pins around because gen 3 ipad and 4&4s.
    05-10-2021 03:14 AM
    Oops ! I have optimised charging turned off, I don’t want to pick up a phone and find it short charged when I go out.
    05-10-2021 03:17 AM
    Updating to add that I now have two Lightning to USB-c cords and two USB-c chargers, one at home, and one in my office at work. I've not purchased a mag safe charger, yet. I'm not sure that I will.
    I have added a MagSafe charger to my charging arsenal! I really like it!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-10-2021 04:26 AM
    I have added a MagSafe charger to my charging arsenal! I really like it!
    Not that I need another charger, but I've been thinking about adding a MagSafe Charger to my arsenal as well.
    Annie_M likes this.
    05-10-2021 12:12 PM
51 123