There has always been discussion regarding the wisdom and methodology of keeping batteries charged and healthy , with varying opinions ( some fact based, some less so ) about cable vs wireless QI. What is the accepted opinion about the ‘always on and charging’ when using a charging case which always shows ( on the phone) 100% and the charging icon
    06-25-2019 08:10 AM
    I've never used them, but I do see the benefit in some circumstances.

For example, I'm pretty sure (although not confirmed) that the Amazon Prime drivers use smartphones in charging cases. And from my visits, it appears that Apple store employees use something similar. In those environments, they are probably a necessity.

However, when I go out to eat and see a group of young "adults" sitting at a table all glued to their devices and all of them are either (a) using charging cases or (b) have an external charger connected, I just shake my head and think to myself that unless you're getting paid 6 figures to sit at a table with friends and stay glued to your device, then what's the point?
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-25-2019 08:42 AM
    I do occasionally see tourists here using them, likely trying to get a full day of photography and video- taking while away from their hotels, or cruise ships but they do not seem to be available here yet. For us personally, a few well placed QI charging pads are more than sufficient.
    06-25-2019 08:50 AM
    I do occasionally see tourists here using them, likely trying to get a full day of photography and video- taking while away from their hotels, or cruise ships but they do not seem to be available here yet. For us personally, a few well placed QI charging pads are more than sufficient.
    I didn't even think about the tourists, and as a photographer, a charging case would just get in the way. Although I have a 7+ that doesn't have wireless charging, I bought a charging receiver (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mUvbUpU3145174) and Qi charger and have no issues wireless charging.
    06-25-2019 09:07 AM
    In the old days (not so long ago in reality), when I was suffering from poor battery life with my iPhone 4, 5s and then 6s, I coveted a friend's Mophie battery case. I was constantly plugging in wherever I could and carried cables and battery chargers with me all the time. Since getting my 8+, I haven't had to really worry about that, and no longer covet a battery case. Overall, my battery life is awesome, and I don't have to worry. I have Qi chargers at home and in my office. And I do keep a battery charger in my backpack just in case, but I can get through the day without issue.
    06-25-2019 09:10 AM
    I should also point out that I do have the Quad Lock car kit (https://www.quadlockcase.com/collect...iphone-devices) and wireless charging head (https://www.quadlockcase.com/collect...-charging-head). Works great.
    06-25-2019 09:14 AM
    A friend here had one ( 3rd party charge case) which she loved. Her daughter in the UK had obtained it I believe. But she then left the phone -in case -on a patio table in a good downpour last summer - Bye Bye case, bye bye phone too
    06-25-2019 09:24 AM
    What I was actually trying to get was information about ( theoretical or practical) the effect on the overall longevity & health of the battery , when always ‘on charge’ as with a charging case , vs the same situation ( phone & battery size ) but using cable or wireless QI thus more intermittent charging (??)
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 06-25-2019 at 07:14 PM.
    06-25-2019 02:44 PM
    We constantly have our sales reps laptop batteries having to be replaced because they never allow the batteries to drain and are always using chargers when they use their laptops, brand new out of the box. I'd say it's the same with smartphones as it's the same technology.
    06-25-2019 02:48 PM
    Food for thought
    06-25-2019 02:51 PM
    I just got the battery case or my XS Max. Have never used one before. At bedtime last night the Apple battery case was at 35% left on the juice . Yesterday was my first full day on it and I had charged it up the night before.
    07-13-2019 10:37 AM