Today is a black day in history for innovation.
    Apple officially cancelled AirPower today.

I was excited when they announced it and today I’m equally saddened to hear that they cancelled it.

What’s your thoughts about this news?
    MasterDarque likes this.
    03-29-2019 03:22 PM
    I’m somewhat disappointed. I was looking forward to the trifecta of iPhone, Apple Watch, and wireless AirPods charging case on the same pad at one time. Oh well, looks like my next Apple ‘charging’ device will be... Apple Card...
    03-29-2019 04:03 PM
    I'm not exactly disappointed, because I really wouldn't have purchased it anyway. I respect their reasons for doing so. It's good to finally know, and put all the rumors and expectations to bed, once and for all!
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    03-29-2019 04:19 PM
    Sounds plausible, though this close to April Fool’s Day I am skeptical.
    03-29-2019 04:45 PM

I was excited when they announced it and today I’m equally saddened to hear that they cancelled it.

LOL, Noooope, It's not a black day in history for innovation (laughing). If I'm not mistaking there charging pads already on the market, just not Apple branded.
    03-29-2019 05:08 PM

This is the first I’m hearing about it. As for my thoughts, I’m not saddened because it was not something I was planning on purchasing. Having said that, I am curious as to why they’ve opted to not move forward with it.
    03-29-2019 05:27 PM
    This is the first I’m hearing about it. As for my thoughts, I’m not saddened because it was not something I was planning on purchasing. Having said that, I am curious as to why they’ve opted to not move forward with it.
    Heating issues and other issues. It was to charge iPhone, AirPods, and Apple Watch in any spot on the pad. Layering the coils to do this caused issues.
    Just_Me_D, ladyc0524 and Tartarus like this.
    03-29-2019 05:44 PM
    I'm a little disappointed as I wanted to see how AirPower would stack up against the competition but now that won't happen and guess what I'll still live on without it.
    03-29-2019 06:31 PM
    03-29-2019 06:43 PM
    At one time, I was trying to decide which one to spend money- AirPods or AirPower... and now I don’t have to decide!
    Tartarus, Spencerdl and ksassy like this.
    03-29-2019 06:47 PM
    This. Me too.

If it's true: so that's a really significant news, because if Apple can't make a simple wireless charger so something must be much much wrong in there. And this would explain Apple being surpassed by a lot of companies in elements that were so Apple's, like design and innovation.

Preparing my pop corn to watch the next episodes.
    03-29-2019 08:45 PM
    This. Me too.

If it's true: so that's a really significant news, because if Apple can't make a simple wireless charger so something must be much much wrong in there. And this would explain Apple being surpassed by a lot of companies in elements that were so Apple's, like design and innovation.

Preparing my pop corn to watch the next episodes.
    See my other comment, they weren’t trying to make a simple charger, physics just wouldn’t let them make the charger they wanted yet.
    03-29-2019 08:46 PM
    Sooooo... vaperware, then?
    Premium1 and Not Quite Right like this.
    03-30-2019 12:05 AM
    I’m not upset at all. I honestly forgot all about it lol. Plus it would just be another Apple item that only comes in white that I wouldn’t buy because it only comes in white*
    03-30-2019 09:26 AM
    Hopefully, they can just cut the footprint down so that the heating issues are resolved, and there can be an official Apple wireless charging solution.
    03-30-2019 09:36 AM
    Since I was gifted a 2nd Qi charger, I realized that I had no real need for the AirPower.
    03-30-2019 09:41 AM
    Since I was gifted a 2nd Qi charger, I realized that I had no real need for the AirPower.
    Same here. I have a Qi charger at my work, another at home. But I have to say it wasn't fast charging, so it bother a bit how slow is my iPhone charging, specially when compared with my 6T McLaren...
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    03-30-2019 10:15 AM
    Appe needs to quit hyping products before they have it finalized. Wonder how many bought the new airpods and wireless case thinking this was right around the corner? Come on Apple, be better than that.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    03-30-2019 12:14 PM
    Hopefully, they can just cut the footprint down so that the heating issues are resolved, and there can be an official Apple wireless charging solution.
    I don’t think reducing the footprint would solve the issue, if anything it would make it harder to solve and create more heat. They were trying to add multiple coils to each part of the pad so you could charge your iPhone, AirPods, or Apple Watch in any of the three spots. That’s where the issues came from.
    03-30-2019 12:28 PM
    I don’t think reducing the footprint would solve the issue, if anything it would make it harder to solve and create more heat. They were trying to add multiple coils to each part of the pad so you could charge your iPhone, AirPods, or Apple Watch in any of the three spots. That’s where the issues came from.
    Sorry... I was meaning to say to make a small one similar to the others in the market. So a single coil and charge one item at a time.
    03-30-2019 05:09 PM
    Sorry... I was meaning to say to make a small one similar to the others in the market. So a single coil and charge one item at a time.
    Oh, yeah, that might work. Then again, that’s not the AirPower Apple wanted. I’d be ok with the same size, just having specific places for specific devices.
    03-30-2019 05:11 PM
    Mild indifference. I kinda figured it would never reach the market since it was only announced and never released. Not even Apple can defy the laws of physics.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    03-31-2019 09:49 AM
    I wasn’t going to get one anyway. I like my phone and my watch vertical so I can see them when they charge.
    03-31-2019 10:52 AM
    Let's say it was an April fools joke. Based on what we have seen from Tesla and Elon Musk's irresponsible tweets, the SEC would come down hard on Apple.
    • Apple would face huge fines
    • Tim Cook would likely have to step down/be fired

You can be uncertain about a lot of things, but you can be certain this isn't an April fools joke.
    03-31-2019 11:07 AM
    I bet they announce "AirPower2" @WWDC that charges all your devices via a SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE! Pricing is $9.99 for a single user & $14.99 for a shared family plan with unlimited charging ...
    03-31-2019 11:13 AM
29 12