AirPower is officially cancelled.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry... I was meaning to say to make a small one similar to the others in the market. So a single coil and charge one item at a time.

Oh, yeah, that might work. Then again, that’s not the AirPower Apple wanted. I’d be ok with the same size, just having specific places for specific devices.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Mild indifference. I kinda figured it would never reach the market since it was only announced and never released. Not even Apple can defy the laws of physics.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I wasn’t going to get one anyway. I like my phone and my watch vertical so I can see them when they charge.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Sounds plausible, though this close to April Fool’s Day I am skeptical.
Let's say it was an April fools joke. Based on what we have seen from Tesla and Elon Musk's irresponsible tweets, the SEC would come down hard on Apple.
  • Apple would face huge fines
  • Tim Cook would likely have to step down/be fired

You can be uncertain about a lot of things, but you can be certain this isn't an April fools joke.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I bet they announce "AirPower2" @WWDC that charges all your devices via a SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE! Pricing is $9.99 for a single user & $14.99 for a shared family plan with unlimited charging ... ;)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think it’s hilarious. Phil Schiller in 2017:
In 2017, Schiller said that AirPower would not be possible with the company’s “current standards,” but assured people that Apple would perfect the technology within 12 months. “Our team knows how to do this,” he said onstage.

As insignificant as a wireless charger is, I want Apple to eat some manure over this.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I think it’s hilarious. Phil Schiller in 2017:
In 2017, Schiller said that AirPower would not be possible with the company’s “current standards,” but assured people that Apple would perfect the technology within 12 months. “Our team knows how to do this,” he said onstage.

As insignificant as a wireless charger is, I want Apple to eat some manure over this.

A standard wireless charger yes. Apple wanted the entire surface area of the pad to not only charge, but be able to charge iPhone, AirPods, or Apple Watch. The number of coils this required created too much heat. Physics -1, Apple - 0. They did not know how to do this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro