Is the Apple keyboard for the 12.9” iPad Pro worth the money?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Apple keyboard for iPad Pro

I can’t speak for the bigger sized keyboard, however, the Smart Keyboard that fit my 9.7” iPad Pro worked well and was quite sturdy. To me, it was worth it, but if I were to get a new iPad Pro model, it would definitely be the 12.9” version AND the associated Smart Keyboard.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have the keyboard for the 11" coming this week. I like the fact that it now covers the back and is flat. The old smart keyboard had the bump when closed and that made me nuts.

However to answer your question, there are definitely better BT keyboards, but I like the Smart Keyboard because if the way it integrates with the iPad and you don't need to do anything other than connect it.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
My answer is absolutely not. I found a 2nd hand Apple magic keyboard for $15. Works with my iPad Pro and my phone. I will never again buy a keyboard that only works with one thing.

Of course I very rarely need a keyboard. YMMV

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I ditched the Apple smart case for my 12.9 and bought the Logitech Folio Keyboard Case. It’s way better and offers more protection. Backlit keys are a plus. It has USB C charging that can be done directly off the iPad if you need to. Highly recommend.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am a fan of the Apple smart folio case. Just works for me. I have tired the Logitech and Zagg solutions but always end up back to the smart folio.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro