Anyone else using Beats X?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I just picked up a pair finally on clearance at Best Buy this weekend. Been thinking about them for a while. I knew I wanted something with the W1 but didn't want airpods. I just don't like the feel of the wired version and was seriously worried I'd lose one too. I was pretty hesitant in general to go bluetooth. I have some nice wired earbuds from Thinksound that I usually use with the adapter and was actually going to look into a portable DAC/amp to use with them even.

I know bluetooth is not the same sound quality as wired but so far these seem pretty nice. I still have a nice setup at home for more critical listening but these will be great at work/etc without have a wire tied to the phone. Anyone else using them? Just curious what others think. Didn't see much in this forum about them.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Congratulations!
I do not own one. I’ve been using my Airpods for awhile now.

Thanks! I already put some Comply memory foam tips on them. The supplied silicon ones were either too small or too big and just didn't work for me. Turned out they use the same model of Comply tips that my wired buds use and I had 2 more left from the 3 pack I bought for that so it was perfect.

495a18d308dac94db66d789cace617c3.jpg

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I need to buy something I like Bluetooth but my old headset broke so I’ve been listening thru my X speakers which I don’t mind but if I want to lose myself in music I don’t have a decent set.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I need to buy something I like Bluetooth but my old headset broke so I’ve been listening thru my X speakers which I don’t mind but if I want to lose myself in music I don’t have a decent set.

A lot of places have the Beats X on sale right now for 25% off the normal price. If you go refurbished instead of new I've seen them for up to $20 cheaper than that even.

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use the Beats X while I sleep for binaural beats. They sit flat in my ears so I can roll around and they don’t push into my ears.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have BeatsX as well. I prefer them to AirPods though mine have been beat up so I use them for calls on my work phone now. The audio is much better than the AirPods. I don’t have an issue with the fit of the silicone tips because I use the bi-flange tips.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I have BeatsX as well. I prefer them to AirPods though mine have been beat up so I use them for calls on my work phone now. The audio is much better than the AirPods. I don’t have an issue with the fit of the silicone tips because I use the bi-flange tips.

I tried the bi flange ones that came with them and they were just a bit too small. The original "medium" was just a hair to big to be comfortable for long. Those comply foam tips I put in make them great though. Guess I just have weird sized ears lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234