Is there a way to identify legitimate AirPods?

AxiosENT

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello all I was wondering is there a way to verify if AirPods are legit if I bought via craigslist or any other vendor site?

I know there’s a rumor of AirPods 2.0 possibly being announced in October’s event so if I could save some money till then that’ll be great.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: AirPods real or fake?

You would need to try and pair them with the iPhone and see if the are legit. If they are then the w1 chip will try to connect them when they are near the phone.

Also under the flip up lid is the s/n. You could look that up online to see if they are legit.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Hello all I was wondering is there a way to verify if AirPods are legit if I bought via craigslist or any other vendor site?

I know there’s a rumor of AirPods 2.0 possibly being announced in October’s event so if I could save some money till then that’ll be great.

Ask the seller for the serial number and see if it checks out on https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

You would need to try and pair them with the iPhone and see if the are legit. If they are then the w1 chip will try to connect them when they are near the phone.

Also under the flip up lid is the s/n. You could look that up online to see if they are legit.

This won’t work if the seller and buyer aren’t meeting up face to face.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl