Clear case recommendations for iPhone XR

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I've used an Apple leather case on my 6+ and 8+, but as I'm planning to get the XR, I'd rather use a clear case that shows off the color.

So far I've looked at the Speck Presidio Stay Clear, Spigen Clear Armor Crystal, and Spigen Liquid Crystal.

What's the consensus: is one of these better than the others, or is there another I should consider? I think I dropped my 8+ once, same for my 6+, so I don't need the level of protection offered by OtterBox. I carry my iPhone in a front or cargo shorts pocket, so less bulk is better.

TIA!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have the Spigen iPhone 8 Plus Case Crystal Shell - Rose Crystal on my gold 8 Plus. It looks very similar to the slim armor crystal that you mentioned. The back is clear and the sides are a rose hue, which goes well with my phone. There is a completely clear version as well. I really like Spigen cases... and recommend them. The case is slim and doesn't add bulk, but it's also a bit grippy and doesn't slide around when you set it down on a surface that is smooth and possibly slippery. Speck cases offer good protection as well, but I found them difficult to put on, and there was no grippy feeling to it. I always worried about dropping it or having it slide off my desk, etc.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I have the Spigen iPhone 8 Plus Case Crystal Shell - Rose Crystal on my gold 8 Plus. It looks very similar to the slim armor crystal that you mentioned. The back is clear and the sides are a rose hue, which goes well with my phone. There is a completely clear version as well. I really like Spigen cases... and recommend them. The case is slim and doesn't add bulk, but it's also a bit grippy and doesn't slide around when you set it down on a surface that is smooth and possibly slippery. Speck cases offer good protection as well, but I found them difficult to put on, and there was no grippy feeling to it. I always worried about dropping it or having it slide off my desk, etc.

Thanks for the tip! I ordered the clear Spigen Ultra Hybrid from Amazon last weekend, and when I got my XR yesterday, it was in the case almost as soon as it was out of the box. (OK, so I took a few moments to admire the red XR before casing it :smile: ). I think the Spigen is perfect: a bit grippy as you mentioned (which I like) but not super tacky or sticky. The Ultra Hybrid looks like it'll provide a good level of protection without being too bulky either. I think this was the perfect solution, so thanks again for the recommendation!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner