Which streaming device do you primarily use for watching movies and TV shows?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. TV
2. Amazon Fire Stick / Cube
3. Google Chromecast
4. Roku
5. XBOX
6. PS4
7. Nvidia Shield
8. TiVo
9. Other

I primarily use the TV device. What about you?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
1. Xfinity X1 Box
2. TV
Let me explain. The "family" in general will take the path of least resistance, and simply use the Xfinity X1 Box for Youtube, Netflix, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and soon to be Amazon Prime. They are too lazy to find the tiny TV remote and press a button (everything switches inputs automatically via CEC) for a better experience on one of the ...
2x 4K TV's
1x 4th GEN TV
1x 3rd GEN TV
1x 2nd GEN TV
... scattered through out our home.
Don't get me started on the 5x Smart TV's, Google chrome cast, Roku, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, various Blu-ray players that are never used for streaming either (Laziness being the same reason). :straight-face:

derekgraham78

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
1. Xfinity X1 Box
2. TV
Let me explain. The "family" in general will take the path of least resistance, and simply use the Xfinity X1 Box for Youtube, Netflix, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and soon to be Amazon Prime. They are too lazy to find the tiny TV remote and press a button (everything switches inputs automatically via CEC) for a better experience on one of the ...
2x 4K TV's
1x 4th GEN TV
1x 3rd GEN TV
1x 2nd GEN TV
... scattered through out our home.
Don't get me started on the 5x Smart TV's, Google chrome cast, Roku, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, various Blu-ray players that are never used for streaming either (Laziness being the same reason). :straight-face:

I’d just eliminate Comcast tv and go internet streaming only. They’ll learn quickly and ya will save $$

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Apple TV, Amazon fire stick. The Apple TV is my primary device. It has Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video apps.

dougdraws

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
None. I tried Apple TV and Chromecast, but neither of them worked for my purposes. The Apple TV is a great device, except for one flaw. I was able to mirror my iPad screen to my TV, but as soon as I chose my Bose headphones as the audio source the mirroring stopped.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
None. I tried Apple TV and Chromecast, but neither of them worked for my purposes. The Apple TV is a great device, except for one flaw. I was able to mirror my iPad screen to my TV, but as soon as I chose my Bose headphones as the audio source the mirroring stopped.

You should’ve connected the headphones to the TV, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2