Which streaming device do you primarily use for watching movies and TV shows?

dougdraws

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I think that the poster meant to connect your headphones to the Apple TV box itself, not to your TV.

I wasn't aware that the Apple TV unit had that capability. Even still would the sound come from the TV then or the iPad? The whole point of the purchase was to get the headphones to use the iPad for audio, since the sound is pretty wonky on my PC with the Bose.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I wasn't aware that the Apple TV unit had that capability. Even still would the sound come from the TV then or the iPad? The whole point of the purchase was to get the headphones to use the iPad for audio, since the sound is pretty wonky on my PC with the Bose.

I don’t have an Apple TV currently, but I’m guessing that with the mirroring from your iPad sending audio and video to the Apple TV, and then the Apple TV outputs both of those to the TV itself, maybe try settings ON the Apple TV to see if there’s a Bluetooth tab, and then seeing if you can output the audio to your headphones.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Just mute the volume or turn it down. The Apple TV has Bluetooth capabilities for this purpose.

dougdraws

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I don’t have an Apple TV currently, but I’m guessing that with the mirroring from your iPad sending audio and video to the Apple TV, and then the Apple TV outputs both of those to the TV itself, maybe try settings ON the Apple TV to see if there’s a Bluetooth tab, and then seeing if you can output the audio to your headphones.

Might have to give that a shot. Thanks for the input. I just wasn’t aware than Apple TV had Bluetooth or if it would output audio from my iPad even if I did use it. I might have to try it again because that was a pretty sweet device

dougdraws

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I picked up another Apple TV and got my headphones paired with it. It works great and I don’t really need to mirror anything from the iPad now. Unless I’m watching something it’s on the Internet.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
1. My computer
2. TV
3. The Amazon app of my tv, because it allows to stream UHD HDR.

I have to change this post.
Number 1 is still my computer.
and number 2 is now a TV 4K. I sold my TV 4th gen and replaced it with the 4K version which makes the use of the Netflix and Amazon apps on my tv obsolete.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
1. Xfinity X1 for actual TV shows due to DVR and surround sound (Hulu/etc. do NOT have surround sound for TV type content)
2. Sony 4K player for Amazon due to it supporting Atmos
3. Apple TV 4K for other streaming, originally bought because Netflix on it does Atmos, the Sony does not.
4. Chromecast on upstairs TV but almost never used.

We really tried to look into cutting the cord last year when our Xfinity contract was up for renewal, but Hulu, YouTube TV, DTV Now, Sony's offering, etc. none of them support(ed) surround sound, just stereo. The only exceptions of course being Netflix and Amazon but then you have to wait months usually until the new season premieres to watch the previous season of current stuff and that's just not something we wanted. Maybe next year we'll try again. Somehow we've gotten lucky though and the last 3 contracts our price has stayed steady. On the other hand, they've increased our speed from 50MB in 2013 to 450MB in 2018 for the same package lol.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
tv 4, 3 and 2 for streaming and tv 1st gen 160gb storage for alll the movies I’ve burned over the years lol.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
1. NVIDIA Shield
2. xiaomi mi box
3. amazon fire tv 2nd gen
4. amazon fire tv 3rd gen
5. Roku 2
6. Vizio co star
7 apple tv 3rd gen
8. vizio smart tv
9. several computers
10. TCL Roku tv

11. amazon fire stick at the shore house

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Ive been using chromecast but lately its been acting weird and disconecting from my phone. Might just pick up a Apple TV . Maybe there will be some xmas deals. Is it still worth getting the 4th gen ?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Ive been using chromecast but lately its been acting weird and disconecting from my phone. Might just pick up a Apple TV . Maybe there will be some xmas deals. Is it still worth getting the 4th gen ?

I don't see why not, we just got one about a month ago and replace our chromecast with it. Nothing wrong with it, just wanted to go ATV now that we have Apple for all our mobile stuff. Chromecast was fine, but ATV gives use the ability to do some things that we'd need Android devices to do on the chromecast. Also, I really wanted Atmos for Netflix so there was that too :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen