Eufy Genie Smart Speaker +Lumos Smart Bulb-Tunable White Starter Kit

cyberhound

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Anker occasionally asks me to review their products. Being a fan of their gear and having purchased many items or recommended them over the years, I appreciate they let me do this every now and then and that they use the feedback from customers to make their products better. Thus was offered to me via Anker's Home/Lifestyle brand, Eufy, a chance to review their Alexa enabled Genie plus SmartBulb kit (2 bulbs plus a Genie). I have a Genie already and I also have a Eufy smart bulb. The difference here is that the bulbs are tunable. The Genie is the same as the one I already own.

The bulbs are 60W equivalent bulb and is tunable from "Soft White to Dayight" 2700k to 6500k. The bulb can be dimmed, and is brightness rated at 800 lumens. Perfect for most homes and apartments. The bulb is easy to setup and connect to WIFI via Eufy's Home app available from the app store. You can control the brightness of the bulb and the colortone via the app on your iPhone or iPad using the app, or you can control it via an Alexa device by enabling the Eufy Home skill. Note... you can control the dimmer using Alexa but not the colortone.

My experience with the bulbs is they are responsive to Alexa commands and to the iOS apps. We also tested the "Away" function while out of town. This function allows you to have the light turn on during certain hours while the light randomly "shuts off" during those hours. Our neighbor confirmed that the lights functioned as desired while we out last evening.

As for the Genie, it's nice little alternative to the Echo dot. Functions almost exactly the same. The difference being 2 microphones instead of 4 (not a deal breaker) and no bluetooth (a potential deal breaker for some). The Genie does have a line out for a separate stereo speaker.

The Genie is responsive to commands and acts exactly like Alexa on a Echo device, because well, it's just Alexa in different clothes if you will. The set up is easy and Eufy's app walks you through the process. The device is easily to update as are the smart bulbs using Eufy's app as well.

The only potential pitfall I see is the bluetooth. Eufy had promised a bluetooth version for a few more dollars a while back, but thus far it has not materialized. I would love to have bluetooth to connect to my Anker speaker or BeatsX, and I am sure many others would too. Thus I think this may keep buyers away from the Genie.

The Genie is not as compact as the Dot, but it's not something that will take over your end table or nightstand either.

To wrap it up, with a sell price of $62, for 2 tunable smart bulbs and an Alexa device, it's a pretty good value proposition.

IMG_5050.jpgIMG_5049.jpgIMG_5048.jpgIMG_5047.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods