*REVIEW* The iRoller

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
  • What is an iRoller?

My initial reaction was ‘OwO what’s this?’, when I was approached to review it but, the more I read about it, the more it caught my attention. So, here’s what an iRoller is:
 A washable, adhesive roll that allegedly removes fingerprints and lint from your smartphone or tablette screen.

• What does it look like?

This is what an iRoller looks like, out of the box:

fullsizeoutput_12c.jpeg

Here’s the Mini version (isn’t it cute?):

fullsizeoutput_12b.jpeg

And this, my friends, is where the magic unveils:
fullsizeoutput_12d.jpeg

• How does it work?

The adhesive is covered with a plastic wrap, that you have to peel off, then slide the lid back and start rolling it on your device! 
For a phone, I suggest going from top to bottom. But, it depends on the case, so you might want to use the Mini, just to be sure, and go from side to side..

From my experience, your mileage may vary. On my iPhone 8 Plus, with a tempered glass screen protector and an Apple Silicone case, it didn’t work wonders, I had better results wiping the screen on my shirt. Even with the regular size iRoller.
Then, I tried it on a Note 5, with an UAG case and an inexpensive tempered glass screen protector. This case, being bulkier, the use of the Mini iRoller was required. And it worked a LOT better than what I previously expected or experienced.
 So, is it the Mini? Is it the tempered glass quality? No clue. 
The idea is nice. The execution, not so much.

• Where can I get it?

You can get both the iRoller and iRoller Mini for $20.

Last edited by a moderator:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Looks good! Many screen protector install kits include a sticky sheet to clean the screen prior to install. This device seems to take that to the next level! :)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Just seeing this review... I've been very curious about it! I'm wondering how it would work on my iPad that doesn't have a screen protector...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro