[REVIEW] iRoller

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Disclaimer: I am still working on a more stable photo setup to prevent blurry photos.

What is an iRoller?
The iRoller was designed by Dr. Stanley Taub, a plastic surgeon, to organize his operating instruments. Somewhere along the way he realized the sticky mat he was using for organization could clean oil and debris from touchscreens. From there he worked this mat into a roll and marketed it as more economical than disposable pre-moistened wipes for your touchscreens. Also claiming that it is easier to manage than a bottle of liquid cleaner, and will easily fit in your backpack, purse, glove box, or any really anywhere. This may seem a little too good to be true, and I had the same skepticism when I saw it. However, the moment I saw the iRoller I knew I had to try it. It's just a weird and unique product so how could I not?

sJzAUH

Design and Usage
You can think of the iRoller like a lint roller for your electronic device screens but in a roll top shell. The shell is white with silver text that says iRoller, liquid-free touchscreen cleaner on it. I also received a mini iRoller, and that shell says Mini on it as well. There is even a silver circle to indicate which side of the shell opens. You just roll back the cover and there is a sticky mat roll inside. You just roll it over your screen and it should magically be clean. Once the sticky mat collects a lot of dust and debris you can simply wash it with warm water. You should let the iRoller air dry after cleaning it to prevent any excessive wear, unwanted dust collection, or making the roller abrasive. I have not tested the cleaning yet as I don't have much dust or debris buildup at the moment, though I believe it will clean just fine. When you're done using the iRoller, you simply roll the cover closed again and store it until its next use.

eQcgRf

Does It Work?
This is the question you all want to know though, does it work? That depends on who you ask I guess, though for me it works great. I was immediately surprised and impressed. What used to take me a cleaner and multiple wipes with a microfiber cloth I cleaned in second with the iRoller. Now the iRoller isn't going to add any additional protection to your screen, but it will clean it quickly and efficiently. It really only takes five to ten seconds to have a clean screen again, nearly new, clean. My iPad will get a funny residue buildup from the Smart Cover I have for it and the iRoller takes care of it in a few seconds. I fully expected the iRoller to be a gimmick, something to sell on late night infomercials. I did not expect to see it work so well.

LaLzCk

The Good
  • Affordable
  • Efficient
  • Portable

The Bad
  • High maintenance
  • Cover can easily be broken
  • Some cases can get in the way

Conclusion
I was quite surprised by how the iRoller worked. I can't stress that enough. It really bested all my expectations and it's hard to beat at $20. It's definitely worth trying at least. At this point, I don't know if I'll ever really use anything else because the iRoller impressed me that much. Go ahead and take a look for yourself, you can find the iRoller on Amazon right here.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen