AirPods battery a year later

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
How are your AirPods batteries holding up? How long and how often do you use them? I want to buy them but not if they lose charging capacity within a year or so. I would use them probably one AirPod at a time at work. I work 4 10's and commute so would probably use them up to 12 hours a day at most 8-10 hours more realistically. So I would interchange them throughout the day several times and am afraid that would ruin the charging ability after several months.
Thanks. Your feedback is appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The AirPods and charging case continue to maintain good battery life in my experience.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Picked up a couple of pairs for the misses and I today, can’t wait to use them.

da1ed36780f49359d432103e59014d7f.jpg

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I picked up a set Saturday and have used them pretty much non stop since I got them. I'm getting about 7-ish hours of continuous use (Apple Music and conference calls) before I get the low battery tone. I can take one out and it in the charger for a few minutes and get another hour or so out of it before I leave work. I also use them on my daily walks (3 to 5 miles) and they work great. Really wish I would have bought them sooner.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Do they stay in your ears well? Especially during exercise?

I run and workout everyday. They haven’t fallen out of my ears a single time. I’m impressed. I will say that they don’t feel as secure as other buds designed for working out but they definitely stay in nicely.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I run and workout everyday. They haven’t fallen out of my ears a single time. I’m impressed. I will say that they don’t feel as secure as other buds designed for working out but they definitely stay in nicely.

Another question is how long the batteries last. I listen to music in bed to sleep and I don’t know if I would get 7 or 8 hours out of them?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Another question is how long the batteries last. I listen to music in bed to sleep and I don’t know if I would get 7 or 8 hours out of them?

I haven’t ever run mine down. I actually got mine after my last half marathon so haven’t done a long(er) run since then. I also wouldn’t wear it to be. I’d say it would fall out for sure when you roll over.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2