If the next iPhone supports the Pencil...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the next iPhone supports the Pencil, would that sway your decision to buy it as well as the Pencil?

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I already have the  pencil so nope and I think the  pencil on the iPhone 8 would be idiotic just due to it only being on a 5 inch screen

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I already own the Apple Pencil.
If it only works on the bigger iPhone, my sibling would be going for the bigger iPhone instead of the regular size.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I already have the  pencil so nope and I think the  pencil on the iPhone 8 would be idiotic just due to it only being on a 5 inch screen

What about those who currently use a stylus with an iPhone, especially for signing purposes? Might they find the Pencil beneficial?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It wouldn’t sway my decision but I’d be okay with Apple Pencil support. People have been using stylus pens on smartphones and tablets for quite some time. I can definitely see some value with taking notes and some other functions.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't sway me at all!! I stopped using a stylus a long time ago. Personally, I don't have a need for it. When I have to sign contracts or forms, my signature looks perfect using my finger.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It wouldn't sway me at all!! I stopped using a stylus a long time ago. Personally, I don't have a need for it. When I have to sign contracts or forms, my signature looks perfect using my finger.

You’re good. Heck, when I use my finger to sign, I’d be better off just scratching the screen...(laughing)

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

Interesting. This may be a dumb question but can you use your fingernail? Might be a lot easier and clearer than us guys with fat fingers.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. This may be a dumb question but can you use your fingernail? Might be a lot easier and clearer than us guys with fat fingers.

I’m not sure. I just tried signing a blank document via both the Adobe Acrobat Reader app and the Adobe Fill & Sign app, but it didn’t detect my fingernail.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
You’re good. Heck, when I use my finger to sign, I’d be better off just scratching the screen...(laughing)

LOL...I've been signing contracts on my phones since 2011, so I've perfected it. Looks just like my real signature
10e6eb6455c433f021caf02678653b92.png

Nope but that would be nice because my nails are pretty long lol

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Fingernails alone are not going to work on capacitive displays (the kind found on iPhones and iPads).

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Even if they did support the apple pencil on the next iPhone, it’s still no S Pen.

This. As much as I like my 7 Plus I would have never bought it if the Note 7 had not been recalled. The S-Pen is a very useful tool and convenient to store right in the phone. Of course all that being said I am now the owner of the 7 Plus, Apple Watch and MacBook Pro. All started with returning the Note 7.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If the next iPhone supports the Pencil, would that sway your decision to buy it as well as the Pencil?

I have the apple pencil with my 10.5" iPad pro and although it would be nice to get support, the iPhone screen will still be too small for it to be any real benefit on an iPhone.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
This. As much as I like my 7 Plus I would have never bought it if the Note 7 had not been recalled. The S-Pen is a very useful tool and convenient to store right in the phone. Of course all that being said I am now the owner of the 7 Plus, Apple Watch and MacBook Pro. All started with returning the Note 7.

I miss my Note 7 actually! I’ve carried both Android and iOS devices for a while, so I was going to end up with both the Note 7 and 7 Plus anyway.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, things like that would be far more useful. I will take it any day in place of OLED screen etc. Anyone remember Newton era? The thing was not very portable but you could write directly on device, and it even had a handwriting recognition that worked well. I use a phone mostly as a tool and an ability to write on screen is more attractive than other gimmicky tinkering. And I am willing to pay for it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR