Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    Impressive In All The Wrong Ways
    When I first saw the design of the Wraps earphones I knew I had to have them, even though I also knew the sound quality was going to be grating to my ears. My current audio setup is a Fiio X5 media player with Shure SE315 earphones or my iPhone with BeatsX. I use my iPhone for quick listening and my Fiio when I want to really get into the music. What I'm getting at here is that I like high quality audio, which requires earphones or headphones with good sound quality. The Wraps earphones do not offer that. I expected the sound quality to be poor though, but I was truly impressed at the collection of bad things the Wraps do to the sound. Truly impressed. I had one phrase come to mind when listening to a song with them: pots and pans in a rubber tub. That's what the drums sounded like, and overall it's like listening to music through a tin can and string. Fit is also important for the best quality out of any earphones or headphones, and the Wraps do come with different sized ear tips so you can get a good seal and get the best quality from them. They come in five varieties with a multitude of color options.

To be fair, most cheap earphones sound tinny. The Wraps just took it a step further. On top of the tinny sound, you run into sibilance at low volumes. Sibilance is the piercing sound you hear from high notes and vocals. You also run into major microphonics due to the cord being a more fabric-like cable than your standard cable. This cable jacket does make the Wraps more comfortable to wear on your wrist, but terrible for creating unwanted noise. Don't go looking to the Wraps for a good audio experience. Look to them for people who lose their earphones all the time, or for kids. Kids will tear up earphones and/or lose them and you don't want to keep paying a lot of money for replacements. The Wraps will even suffice as a pair of workout earphones if you don't feel like risking any damage to the pair you like the most. I also found the wrapping of the earphones to be more difficult than it should have been. The only thing that really impressed me with the Wraps was the collection of things that sound bad when listening to them.

The Good
    • Cheap
    • Unique design
    • Multiple styles

The Bad
    • Poor sound quality
    • Lots of microphonics (cord rustle)
    • Heavier than usual cable

Pots and Pans In A Ruber Tub
    There's only one reason I can recommend the Wraps earphones, and that's because you lose your earphones...a lot. If you don't lose earphones that often I really can't recommend these other than for the unique factor. I listen to some albums with questionable recordings and some of those were by choice, but it's hard to make them sound worse and Wraps does that in spades. They really are impressive in all the wrong ways. If don't want to spend a lot of money on earphones for kids though, check these out. As one last note, I believe this is my first mostly negative review as most products have some redeeming qualities to them. The only redeeming quality I can find for these is the cost to replacement ratio. You can buy them at various places, I've even seen them at an airport, or directly from Wraps here.
    Last edited by metllicamilitia; 07-27-2017 at 05:42 PM.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    07-26-2017 09:13 PM
    Images are broken. Do you have bandwidth theft protection enabled in your hosting account? If you're not sure what that is, attach your images to your post instead of direct linking the images. If GoDaddy offers cPanel you should find the option in there.
    07-27-2017 03:54 PM
    Images are broken. Do you have bandwidth theft protection enabled in your hosting account? If you're not sure what that is, attach your images to your post instead of direct linking the images. If GoDaddy offers cPanel you should find the option in there.
    I can try that. The issue with these direct links being broken is that the site is forcing them as HTTPS. I’ll look around in cPanel and see if I can find that setting and hope that will work.
    07-27-2017 04:19 PM
    Yay... I can see the images. Careful with hotlinking your own images. GoDaddy offers unlimited bandwidth, but in my experience they can be snarky if they see you using too much (like on a huge site like iMore, which will use a ton of your bandwidth every time someone loads your images).
    07-27-2017 04:35 PM
    Ooops.. didn't mean to be rude.... excellent review!
    07-27-2017 04:38 PM
    Yay... I can see the images. Careful with hotlinking your own images. GoDaddy offers unlimited bandwidth, but in my experience they can be snarky if they see you using too much (like on a huge site like iMore, which will use a ton of your bandwidth every time someone loads your images).
    Ooops.. didn't mean to be rude.... excellent review!
    The images show up fine in app, but not online. I see another issue I have with them. Thanks for the kind words and the help.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    07-27-2017 05:00 PM
    The images show up fine in app, but not online. I see another issue I have with them. Thanks for the kind words and the help.
    I see the images from my desktop computer using Opera. If there's anything I can do to help let me know. I'm a bit rusty and have been retired from owning my own hosting company for awhile, but if I can offer any help give me a holler.
    07-27-2017 05:12 PM