Regrettably my AirPods have been Dethroned

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I’m considering Airpods as an alternative to Jaybird X3 in-ear headphones for running, where sound quality is, at best, my fourth-highest priority (with awareness of my environment, comfort and staying in place ranking higher). The Jaybirds don’t stay in consistently and I’ve found them uncomfortable even when the DO stay in. EarPods are comfortable and usually stay in, so I figure Airpods would be even better, considering that they don’t have cords pulling on them.

I'm not too far behind ya. I love my jaybirds x3, but that charging/module onto the one side pulls a little. Even tried the adjustable plastic piece, to get a better wrap around the back of my head. Still though. Just not sure on the AirPod 'sound' quality.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not too far behind ya. I love my jaybirds x3, but that charging/module onto the one side pulls a little. Even tried the adjustable plastic piece, to get a better wrap around the back of my head. Still though. Just not sure on the AirPod 'sound' quality.

I have Jaybird x3s and they sound fantastic, but the foam eartips wear out quickly, the silicone tips are insanely uncomfortable and as you said, the charger/control module pulls them loose on one side.

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I have Jaybird x3s and they sound fantastic, but the foam eartips wear out quickly, the silicone tips are insanely uncomfortable and as you said, the charger/control module pulls them loose on one side.

Took the plunge last week and bought the AirPods. Had some Best Buy Rewards to burn up, haha. Surprisingly, like the sound/volume. Fit in my ears just fine. If they do fall out. I've found a hack, to keep them in. So far so good. Probably, end up selling my jaybirds x3. #nowires

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Took the plunge last week and bought the AirPods. Had some Best Buy Rewards to burn up, haha. Surprisingly, like the sound/volume. Fit in my ears just fine. If they do fall out. I've found a hack, to keep them in. So far so good. Probably, end up selling my jaybirds x3. #nowires

Excellent... you know, all this positive feedback is gonna get me in trouble. My wife thinks I've already spent too much on gadgetry and sporting goods this year (and she's probably right), but now I really want AirPods ;)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My brother got the new pro but I don’t like the change in style. I don’t have a problem with fit in my ears. I sold my 1st generation and have the 2nd generation coming

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods