Just 1 Case or are you addicted?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

I think I'm addicted to buying accessories for my devices. I don't have just 1 case for my phones (yea yea that's a WHOLE other story), I have several. I don't have 1 nice band for my Apple Watch, I have 6 different bands AND I do change it up on a regular basis, AND I'm still looking!

Ok so I JUST got this really cool retro case for my iPhone. It's got the look of a Retro Apple Computers, think OLD OLD days rainbow logo days! Anyways I just saw a different case with a "newer" retro look from the iMac G3 days. Super cool "blueberry" design. And now I want THAT case! Lol

Am I addicted or WHAT! lol

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
How many cases? I think I have around 15+ cases for my iPhone, 3 watch bands, one case for my MacBook since one broke, a case for my Apple Watch, and 2 cases for my iPad, not to mention a case for my Moto G5 Plus. Also, I have a replacement case coming in sometime and another one on the way for my iPhone.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Shall we start Accessories Anonymous? Although, I think we might have a bit of trouble if we try to shorten it to AA! lol

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Shall we start Accessories Anonymous? Although, I think we might have a bit of trouble if we try to shorten it to AA! lol

Nah, I buy cases for various uses and trying to find the perfect case. Not only that but I review them so others don't have to buy them if they don't want to ha ha.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have two cases for my 7 Plus but I don't use them all that often. As an annual upgrader it just doesn't make much sense for me to spend a bunch of money on a case that is likely to not fit my device within 12 months.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I won't say I'm addicted however I do impulse case shopping sometimes and have about 10 and use my Apple leather 95 percent of the time .

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I have 3, one is by accident.

By that, I mean that I got it to show off my dBrand skin but it didn't work for that and it was too late to return so welp.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I had 5 cases for my 6S+, but only one for my 7+. Just really haven't seen anything that made me say "WOW".

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have 3 for my 6s Plus. But only use my Otterbox Commuter. I like the grip and protection it offers. Definitely not addicted.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'm addicted... I lost count, but I've had my 6s plus for a year and a half, so I'm always looking for something different to change it up some.. "I know .. excuses, excuses" .. But I still love my RG 6s Plus ❤️❤️

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My name is Annie, and I'm a case-aholic! I have 6 cases for my 6s, and change cases on my iPad at least once a year.

It's definitely an issue :D

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
But the SE is so small, why would you need to DBrand it or use a case. LOL

I always use a case because I prefer for my devices to look as new as they possibly can for as long as possible. As for the dBrand, it's a way to give my iPhone a nice, different look. Since it only comes in 4 colors and everyone's looks the same, I love this a lot. It feels like I can customize my iPhone, just a little bit.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I always use a case because I prefer for my devices to look as new as they possibly can for as long as possible. As for the dBrand, it's a way to give my iPhone a nice, different look. Since it only comes in 4 colors and everyone's looks the same, I love this a lot. It feels like I can customize my iPhone, just a little bit.

Fully understand. I always use a case as well. I was just joshing you a bit about your postings about not liking really large phones.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I have 3 cases for my 7 Plus. I like to have backups whenever it starts to look worn. Like Ledsteplin I prefer the Otterbox Commuter so I bought it in a few different colors so no addiction here but a definite brand/style preference ;)

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I had only one regular case for my iPhone 4 but had two battery cases for it (one was much too bulky, so I got a thinner one). I got three cases for my 5s and inherited a fourth when my boyfriend decided the one I got him for his iPhone 5s was too slim for his taste (he's used Otterbox ever since and is on his second with his SE since his original one broke). For my 6s, I have six cases and a battery case. For the iPhone 7 I just got, I only have one case.

I also handed down every case I got for the 5s to my mom after I gave her that phone during the holidays. However, I snagged back the clear Luvvitt case for my SE. :p

I also have two cases for my iPad mini 2, but one of them came with the iPad since the seller on eBay was selling them together. But I only use the case I bought myself.

I don't have any cases for my Macs, though I thought about getting them. I think they're durable enough to go without them.