Do you ever swap your tempered glass for a new one?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the standard glass from bodyguardz for awhile. Belkin wasn't too great. There's definitely a quality feel to the bodyguardz!

Belkin was horrible in my experience. It was a finger print magnet. I tried one at launch from Apple Store and ripped it off after 2 days and returned it. Ordered a Spigen instead.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Belkin was horrible in my experience. It was a finger print magnet. I tried one at launch from Apple Store and ripped it off after 2 days and returned it. Ordered a Spigen instead.

I didn't like how flimsy it was. And it WAS too narrow. The bodyguardz is much more smooth as well. And the privacy screen is awesome! Works well at work!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I didn't like how flimsy it was. And it WAS too narrow. The bodyguardz is much more smooth as well. And the privacy screen is awesome! Works well at work!

Yeah the Belkins are very thin. Just not a good quality and way over priced.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm an as needed kind of guy. 4 months seems a bit short to me, BUT if mine shows signs of wear at that point I would replace it, sooner if needed, longer if not. I have a cheap friend though who will peel it off one phone to put on another! I would NEVER do that! lol

shodipo

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I feel you are missing out on the beauty of the screen of the iPhone without a screen protector on
We have subconsciously been force fed the fact that we MUST use a screen protector
Personally i have never used one and my screens look just as good as the day i bought my phone
You can use a grippier and strong case because the phone is slippery but the screens don't need protection
They are hard enough
Not like the screen protector will offer much protection if your naked phone falls off
So a strong case is better than a screen protector
But then again
To each his own

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I feel you are missing out on the beauty of the screen of the iPhone without a screen protector on
We have subconsciously been force fed the fact that we MUST use a screen protector
Personally i have never used one and my screens look just as good as the day i bought my phone
You can use a grippier and strong case because the phone is slippery but the screens don't need protection
They are hard enough
Not like the screen protector will offer much protection if your naked phone falls off
So a strong case is better than a screen protector
But then again
To each his own

I always get scratches on my screen when I go without one. It's a must.

shodipo

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
My iPhone 6s Plus is about 9 months old without a screen protector and the screen is flawless
I did remember using one for 2weeks after i got the phone and it had scratches on it
So maybe the screen of the phone is stronger than we give it credit for

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone 6s Plus is about 9 months old without a screen protector and the screen is flawless
I did remember using one for 2weeks after i got the phone and it had scratches on it
So maybe the screen of the phone is stronger than we give it credit for

It was my 6s Plus that had several light scratches when I went the first couple of weeks without a screen protector. So I don't give it any credit for being strong. I learned my lesson and with 7 plus I installed one as soon as I unboxed it.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
It was my 6s Plus that had several light scratches when I went the first couple of weeks without a screen protector. So I don't give it any credit for being strong. I learned my lesson and with 7 plus I installed one as soon as I unboxed it.

I'm the same way. I won't take my phone out of the box until I can protect it right away. I've seen micro scratches on screens and they will happen regardless. I'm probably just more OCD than most and I'll notice them more than the average user

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm the same way. I won't take my phone out of the box until I can protect it right away. I've seen micro scratches on screens and they will happen regardless. I'm probably just more OCD than most and I'll notice them more than the average user

I'm the same way. Mine were micro scratches and were only noticeable in the sunlight. But that's more than I like to have. I'm the same way. More OCD than most.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I always get scratches on my screen when I go without one. It's a must.

This.

not forced into anything but wanting to keep my screen pristine. My 5 scratched within a week, just something in my pocket (no keys or anything) that I couldn't see. So I'll always use one.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Is there any special procedure for getting the old one off? I'm hoping my first one lasts for months.

Can't wait for my Otterbox Commuter to arrive and it can't come soon enough.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Is there any special procedure for getting the old one off? I'm hoping my first one lasts for months.

Can't wait for my Otterbox Commuter to arrive and it can't come soon enough.

Nope, usually just slip a fingernail under the corner and then peel off. Usually pretty easy, unless you've spiderwebbed.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll usually keep mine until something on it bugs me (scratch, chip, peeling etc), then I'll swap it out. Spigen has been my go to for value and quality.

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
You guys are going to laugh. But I get the tempered glass screen protectors from the Dollar ($) Store. They work great. Even a couple of the employees at T-Mobile are using them now. And at $1.00 each, I grabbed a few of them. But I've never had to replace or swap them out. Do some research on them. There are only a few companies that make them. Then they are rebadged and marketed. There is no need to pay the outlandish prices that some of them are sold at. It's marketing hype.

SVP

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
You guys are going to laugh. But I get the tempered glass screen protectors from the Dollar ($) Store. They work great. Even a couple of the employees at T-Mobile are using them now. And at $1.00 each, I grabbed a few of them. But I've never had to replace or swap them out. Do some research on them. There are only a few companies that make them. Then they are rebadged and marketed. There is no need to pay the outlandish prices that some of them are sold at. It's marketing hype.

SVP

They cost $1 at the dollar store but what does T-Mobile charge to install them? ;)

Edit: or you mean they have them on their OWN devices, I assume....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh