Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1969b14db2.jpg

Dollar Store Protector. Its holding up very well. No cracks, separation and the oleophobic coating is like new.
    I've heard many people have good thing to say about those. Are they actually $1?
    05-06-2017 12:06 PM
    I've heard many people have good thing to say about those. Are they actually $1?
    Yes, they are one dollar in price. I loaded up on them. I've given many to friends, and they are all quite pleased with them. They go on very easily, are invisible and the oleophobic coating is not wearing off. Yes, one dollar. At that price, grab a few extras.
    05-06-2017 12:13 PM
    Dollar Store Protector. Its holding up very well. No cracks, separation and the oleophobic coating is like new.
    Yup, we saw You like the Dollar Store ones!

I'm curious to try the Walmart ones as they have the template included.
    05-07-2017 07:19 AM

I have a Walmart version (right side in image) but have not tried it. A buddy of mine did, and preferred the Dollar Store version. Also, another friend of mine is using the version pictured on the left. And says that it is working fine. I forgot where I bought it, but it was under $5.00 My personal experience is only with the Dollar Store versions, and they are working out very well. Even a couple of T-Mobile employees are using them now.
    Attached Thumbnails Do you ever swap your tempered glass for a new one?-img_2817.jpg  
    05-07-2017 10:40 AM

I find that mounting guides and templates aren't needed. But if they help, use it. The one pictured on the left has some type of mounting guide too. But I have yet to try that version. I remember it being quite cheap in price.
    Attached Thumbnails Do you ever swap your tempered glass for a new one?-img_2817.jpg  
    05-07-2017 10:44 AM
    I find that mounting guides and templates aren't needed. But if they help, use it. The one pictured on the left has some type of mounting guide too. But I have yet to try that version. I remember it being quite cheap in price.
    Where do you get your screen protectors from? How do they hold up?
    05-07-2017 10:58 AM
    Where do you get your screen protectors from? How do they hold up?
    I get mine from the Dollar Store. They are working great. I gave some to a few friends of mine, and they really like them too. I have yet to replace one so far. I have not cracked or broken one yet. I've used them on my 4s, 5 and now the SE phone. They have been flawless. And at $1.00, I grabbed quite a few extras
    Attached Thumbnails Do you ever swap your tempered glass for a new one?-img_2469.jpg  
    05-07-2017 11:13 AM
    And a 2 pack I believe.

Yousave Accessories iPhone 6S / 6 Crystal Clear 2-Pack of Tempered Glass Screen Protector [Ultra Slim 0.3mm / 9H Hardness Rating] Twin Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ELN66E0...mUvbUpU2937510
    05-07-2017 11:34 AM
    In this test. The cheaper versions did as well or better than the much more expensive versions.

http://m.thewirecutter.com/reviews/b...en-protectors/
    05-07-2017 12:11 PM
    05-07-2017 12:41 PM
    I'm gonna have a trip again to the local Apple Store tomorrow. I was doing some repairing around the house and inadvertently made scratch on the tempered glass with a concrete saw. Don't ask.
    05-07-2017 02:33 PM
    I'm gonna have a trip again to the local Apple Store tomorrow. I was doing some repairing around the house and inadvertently made scratch on the tempered glass with a concrete saw. Don't ask.
    Oh no, you don't mention a concrete saw and your phone, and leave us hanging! We NEED to hear this one. And don't bother with the high priced screen protectors. The cheapies work every bit as well. Now, what about your story?
    05-07-2017 02:38 PM
    I was going to the store to get a new circle saw blade and laid the old one on the passenger seat. My phone was also on the same seat and while taking a sharp turn I didn't realize they moved close to each other. Unfortunately I'm not able to make a photo but the scratches are luckily on the tempered glass and nowhere else of my iPhone.
    05-07-2017 02:46 PM
    I was going to the store to get a new circle saw blade and laid the old one on the passenger seat. My phone was also on the same seat and while taking a sharp turn I didn't realize they moved close to each other. Unfortunately I'm not able to make a photo but the scratches are luckily on the tempered glass and nowhere else of my iPhone.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...118e385554.jpg
    Geez, I was expecting something much more exciting or entertaining than that. :-( What brand of screen protectors does the Apple Store use? As I said before, spend the money on the cheaper versions, and grab a few extras at less cost than the higher priced offerings.

SVP
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-07-2017 03:08 PM
    Geez, I was expecting something much more exciting or entertaining than that. :-( What brand of screen protectors does the Apple Store use? As I said before, spend the money on the cheaper versions, and grab a few extras at less cost than the higher priced offerings.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...575e0b73f9.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5e010463ec.jpg

SVP

Nah, I'm really OCD about the placement of them. I tried a few in the past on a 5S and I either placed them not straight or the coating was too course that it made me feel like I was rubbing on a sandpaper.

I have very good experiences with the Belkin they use at the store.
    Place it in a machine, put the phone in there too and you're done.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 05-07-2017 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Added quote.
    05-07-2017 03:16 PM
    I've used and reviewed well over 300 bucks worth of screen protectors and when I used to switch I would only switch between

Zagg
    Magic guardz

The rest are pretty much crap, especially spigen and casemate and belkin. I did like the 1.00 screen protectors but they were too thick and light feeling.
    05-07-2017 05:32 PM
    I've used and reviewed well over 300 bucks worth of screen protectors and when I used to switch I would only switch between

Zagg
    Magic guardz

The rest are pretty much crap, especially spigen and casemate and belkin. I did like the 1.00 screen protectors but they were too thick and light feeling.

Use whatever works for you
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    05-07-2017 05:36 PM
    This is why I went back to the crystal (static) protectors... the glass seemed too thick. The Verizon one I got was too thick for me, it was more noticeable on the device than the crystal that I forget are there most of the time. Because of this, if they're not installed exactly centered, it's more obvious that they're there. Not to mention if they're not perfectly centered the edges don't stick, whereas the crystal flex to the screen.
    I'd like to use glass but those things have kept me away...
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-08-2017 04:50 AM
    I have used them on several phones and never needed to swap one. (I don't keep my phone in a pocket so there's nothing in contact with the screen)

Cheers,
    BR
    05-10-2017 10:36 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...575e0b73f9.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5e010463ec.jpg

SVP
    This is the model I found at Dollar Tree! A dollar, plus tax, and it went on without a ripple and feels and looks as good as the $35 spread.

This forum is champ for advice based on actual hands-on experience. Thanks all.
    robertk328 likes this.
    05-15-2017 10:48 AM
    This is the model I found at Dollar Tree! A dollar, plus tax, and it went on without a ripple and feels and looks as good as the $35 spread.

Great to hear!
    05-15-2017 05:08 PM

I have been endorsing the Dollar Tree tempered glass screen protectors for some time now. I just picked up a few more today. Everyone that I give them to, says that they are every bit as good as the much higher priced versions.

SVP
    05-15-2017 11:19 PM
    Dollar Tree Tempered Glass Screen Protectors.
    Attached Thumbnails Do you ever swap your tempered glass for a new one?-img_2565.jpg  
    05-15-2017 11:21 PM
    I believe that the Apple Store uses Belkin brand screen protectors.
    05-15-2017 11:32 PM
    Had a SecondSkin on mine since the day I bought it. All was well until it fell down out my coat pocket a couple of weeks ago and did a little dance on the floor. Thankfully my case cushioned the blow but I was left with around a 1.5" scratch running across the middle of the screen. I sent them a picture and they replaced it free of charge. Could have been a lot worse!
    robertk328 likes this.
    05-27-2017 06:04 AM
103 ... 2345