Yep. This is my third Belkin tempered glass.
    I get it replaced every time because of a few cracks in it.
    What is it about Belkin? One on my 7 shattered of its own accord without being hit, and the replacement I installed is slightly askew. I will try another, I suppose.
    04-29-2017 07:57 PM
    What is it about Belkin? One on my 7 shattered of its own accord without being hit, and the replacement I installed is slightly askew. I will try another, I suppose.
    I think it's time to move on to another brand. Three strikes...

And there is no new to purchase an expensive one. Myself and others have found the cheap ones to be every bit as good as the much more expensive offerings.

SVP
    04-29-2017 08:16 PM
    They place it with a machine in the Apple Store. I'm quite OCD about my phone and can't stand any crooked placed protectors. That's why I choose for the Belkin. Not because I love it but it is always straight on my phone.

Both of the time I found it justified to get a new screen protector because of damages (caused by myself)
    04-29-2017 09:16 PM
    They place it with a machine in the Apple Store. I'm quite OCD about my phone and can't stand any crooked placed protectors. That's why I choose for the Belkin. Not because I love it but it is always straight on my phone.

Both of the time I found it justified to get a new screen protector because of damages (caused by myself)
    Most of them can be repositioned if you don't like it's placement. And with the price difference you can purchase a spare or two. Give them a try. Obviously re Belkins have proven to be inferior.

SVP
    04-29-2017 09:44 PM
    Most of them can be repositioned if you don't like it's placement. And with the price difference you can purchase a spare or two. Give them a try. Obviously re Belkins have proven to be inferior.

SVP
    Pass. I'd rather pay a little extra and not look back at it. If I wanted cheap anyway, I would have gotten an android device
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    04-29-2017 10:00 PM
    Only if it cracks or get scratched (never happened). The only time where I had to get another one was when I had my iPhone replaced by Apple. And I've had a tempered glass on every iPhones I owned

I don't remember the brand I use. I think it's Belkin.
    Tartarus and libra89 like this.
    04-29-2017 10:14 PM
    I can't walk out the store without a screen protector, I have a zagg glass and I really don't like it scratches show up to quick, for 40 dollars I expected more so guess back to bodyguards when it comes time
    04-30-2017 02:43 AM
    I've had the same Spigen GLAS.tr on my Plus since shortly after buying the phone in November. Got like 5 or 7 extras but don't feel the need to replace it.
    Tartarus and robertk328 like this.
    04-30-2017 04:21 AM
    Only if it breaks/chips.
    04-30-2017 05:51 AM
    I've had the same Spigen GLAS.tr on my Plus since shortly after buying the phone in November. Got like 5 or 7 extras but don't feel the need to replace it.
    I've heard really good things about the Spigen!
    04-30-2017 07:14 AM
    I've heard really good things about the Spigen!
    I have 0 complaints about it @robertk328! Has served me well indeed. And you get 2 in the pack. After using the same one for months, that's a heck of a deal. But, ymmv depending on how one handles their devices.
    robertk328 likes this.
    04-30-2017 07:21 AM
    I have 0 complaints about it @robertk328! Has served me well indeed. And you get 2 in the pack. After using the same one for months, that's a heck of a deal. But, ymmv depending on how one handles their devices.
    Do you install it yourself? May have to order some to try.
    04-30-2017 08:00 AM
    Myself and a few of my friends have been using the very cheap ones from the Dollar Store. Yes, the Dollar Store. They have performed flawlessly. No scratches and the oleophobic coating is still doing its job. Another friend of mine bought the I phone 7, and had Verizon apply a tempered glass screen protector (she does not know the brand) and within a week of it going in and out of her purse, it cracked. She now has a cheap one installed and no issues.

I am not saying to avoid the more expensive versions. It's your money. But according to personal experience and that of many others, the cheaper ones perform every bit as well as the higher priced versions. At $1.00 each, I stocked up on them and give them to my friends. They all have positive experience with them.
    04-30-2017 10:00 AM
    Dollar Store versions. They are working flawlessly. Do some independent research on them. You may be pleasantly surprised.
    04-30-2017 10:05 AM
    Dollar Store versions. They are working flawlessly. Do some independent research on them. You may be pleasantly surprised.
    I tried posting an image of the screen, but it appears that it won't go through?
    04-30-2017 10:07 AM
    Just based on advice I saw right here, I tried to realign my Belkin. It worked! It's straighter. No bubbles. However, there is a dead spot where the protector did not adhere in the bezel lower right. I'll probably just replace it ... next time I'm near Dollar Tree!
    05-04-2017 06:25 PM
    I'll change mine if it needs changing. Otherwise I let it go on and on.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-04-2017 06:33 PM
    I'll change mine if it needs changing. Otherwise I let it go on and on.
    When do they need changing, unless broken? I've never broken one.

Thanks
    05-04-2017 06:44 PM
    When do they need changing, unless broken? I've never broken one.

Thanks
    If they crack, yes. I used an off brand once and after a few weeks of use there was a "smudge line" from scrolling so I replaced it.
    05-04-2017 06:53 PM
    I use the Dollar Store versions. And I find that they clean off very easily. Look brand new. And I've yet to crack one.
    05-04-2017 08:04 PM
    Well they're 50 but I get them at 50% discount
    Holy moly. $50?! Do people actually pay that much for a screen protector? Sheesh. I don't pay more than maybe $9 on Amazon lol.
    05-05-2017 11:19 PM
    I find that the one time I use a cheaper glass protector, yes, I had to change it because the oleophobic (smudge/fingerprint resistant) wore off. I found that with the more expensive and established brands the oleophobic coating doesn't wear as quickly. I'm currently back to using Zagg for this very reason. I also choose the Zagg Privacy glass protector this time and it looks great.
    05-06-2017 10:11 AM
    I find that the one time I use a cheaper glass protector, yes, I had to change it because the oleophobic (smudge/fingerprint resistant) wore off. I found that with the more expensive and established brands the oleophobic coating doesn't wear as quickly. I'm currently back to using Zagg for this very reason. I also choose the Zagg Privacy glass protector this time and it looks great.
    My Zagg glass on my iPad Pro has lost its oleophobic coating. Not impressed with it and well over priced compared to my $4 Spigen glass that I use on my iPhone. This established brand is no better than the cheaper ones in my opinion.
    05-06-2017 10:28 AM
    My Zagg glass on my iPad Pro has lost its oleophobic coating. Not impressed with it and well over priced compared to my $4 Spigen glass that I use on my iPhone. This established brand is no better than the cheaper ones in my opinion.
    The one time I used a "cheaper" brand, I wasn't impressed at all. The protector started peeling and the oleophobic coating was clearly not up to par in longevity or the way it felt compared to the Zagg. I've never used the Spigen brand. I have used iLoome before and didn't care for it.
    05-06-2017 10:33 AM

Dollar Store Protector. Its holding up very well. No cracks, separation and the oleophobic coating is like new.
    05-06-2017 10:37 AM
103 12345