I'm an as needed kind of guy. 4 months seems a bit short to me, BUT if mine shows signs of wear at that point I would replace it, sooner if needed, longer if not. I have a cheap friend though who will peel it off one phone to put on another! I would NEVER do that! lol
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    04-20-2017 08:25 AM
    I feel you are missing out on the beauty of the screen of the iPhone without a screen protector on
    We have subconsciously been force fed the fact that we MUST use a screen protector
    Personally i have never used one and my screens look just as good as the day i bought my phone
    You can use a grippier and strong case because the phone is slippery but the screens don't need protection
    They are hard enough
    Not like the screen protector will offer much protection if your naked phone falls off
    So a strong case is better than a screen protector
    But then again
    To each his own
    04-20-2017 01:52 PM
    I feel you are missing out on the beauty of the screen of the iPhone without a screen protector on
    We have subconsciously been force fed the fact that we MUST use a screen protector
    Personally i have never used one and my screens look just as good as the day i bought my phone
    You can use a grippier and strong case because the phone is slippery but the screens don't need protection
    They are hard enough
    Not like the screen protector will offer much protection if your naked phone falls off
    So a strong case is better than a screen protector
    But then again
    To each his own
    I always get scratches on my screen when I go without one. It's a must.
    ladyc0524 and robertk328 like this.
    04-20-2017 02:06 PM
    My iPhone 6s Plus is about 9 months old without a screen protector and the screen is flawless
    I did remember using one for 2weeks after i got the phone and it had scratches on it
    So maybe the screen of the phone is stronger than we give it credit for
    04-20-2017 02:36 PM
    My iPhone 6s Plus is about 9 months old without a screen protector and the screen is flawless
    I did remember using one for 2weeks after i got the phone and it had scratches on it
    So maybe the screen of the phone is stronger than we give it credit for
    It was my 6s Plus that had several light scratches when I went the first couple of weeks without a screen protector. So I don't give it any credit for being strong. I learned my lesson and with 7 plus I installed one as soon as I unboxed it.
    04-20-2017 03:45 PM
    It was my 6s Plus that had several light scratches when I went the first couple of weeks without a screen protector. So I don't give it any credit for being strong. I learned my lesson and with 7 plus I installed one as soon as I unboxed it.
    I'm the same way. I won't take my phone out of the box until I can protect it right away. I've seen micro scratches on screens and they will happen regardless. I'm probably just more OCD than most and I'll notice them more than the average user
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    04-20-2017 06:27 PM
    I'm the same way. I won't take my phone out of the box until I can protect it right away. I've seen micro scratches on screens and they will happen regardless. I'm probably just more OCD than most and I'll notice them more than the average user
    I'm the same way. Mine were micro scratches and were only noticeable in the sunlight. But that's more than I like to have. I'm the same way. More OCD than most.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    04-20-2017 06:29 PM
    I'm the same way. Mine were micro scratches and were only noticeable in the sunlight. But that's more than I like to have. I'm the same way. More OCD than most.
    Definitely the same!
    04-20-2017 06:29 PM
    I always get scratches on my screen when I go without one. It's a must.
    This.

not forced into anything but wanting to keep my screen pristine. My 5 scratched within a week, just something in my pocket (no keys or anything) that I couldn't see. So I'll always use one.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    04-20-2017 07:27 PM
    Is there any special procedure for getting the old one off? I'm hoping my first one lasts for months.

Can't wait for my Otterbox Commuter to arrive and it can't come soon enough.
    04-20-2017 07:35 PM
    Is there any special procedure for getting the old one off? I'm hoping my first one lasts for months.

Can't wait for my Otterbox Commuter to arrive and it can't come soon enough.
    Nope, usually just slip a fingernail under the corner and then peel off. Usually pretty easy, unless you've spiderwebbed.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    04-20-2017 09:31 PM
    Nope, usually just slip a fingernail under the corner and then peel off. Usually pretty easy, unless you've spiderwebbed.
    Roger that
    04-20-2017 10:25 PM
    I'll usually keep mine until something on it bugs me (scratch, chip, peeling etc), then I'll swap it out. Spigen has been my go to for value and quality.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    04-20-2017 10:46 PM
    You guys are going to laugh. But I get the tempered glass screen protectors from the Dollar ($) Store. They work great. Even a couple of the employees at T-Mobile are using them now. And at $1.00 each, I grabbed a few of them. But I've never had to replace or swap them out. Do some research on them. There are only a few companies that make them. Then they are rebadged and marketed. There is no need to pay the outlandish prices that some of them are sold at. It's marketing hype.

SVP
    04-21-2017 08:44 PM
    You guys are going to laugh. But I get the tempered glass screen protectors from the Dollar ($) Store. They work great. Even a couple of the employees at T-Mobile are using them now. And at $1.00 each, I grabbed a few of them. But I've never had to replace or swap them out. Do some research on them. There are only a few companies that make them. Then they are rebadged and marketed. There is no need to pay the outlandish prices that some of them are sold at. It's marketing hype.

SVP
    They cost $1 at the dollar store but what does T-Mobile charge to install them?

Edit: or you mean they have them on their OWN devices, I assume....
    04-22-2017 12:52 PM

T-Mobile charges nothing to install them. It takes them about 30 seconds to do it. However, you can install them yourself very easily too?
    04-22-2017 01:23 PM

Yes, a couple of the T-Mobile employees are using them on their own devices too.

SVP
    04-22-2017 01:26 PM
    When it's broken, or if there's a lot of scratches.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-22-2017 07:33 PM
    When it's broken, or if there's a lot of scratches.
    I have yet to break a tempered glass screen protector. How difficult is it to break one?

Russ
    04-22-2017 11:24 PM
    I only change them if they break or it's hard to see through them.
    04-22-2017 11:40 PM
    I only change them if they break or it's hard to see through them.
    Hard to see through them? How easy is it to break one?
    04-22-2017 11:45 PM
    Hard to see through them? How easy is it to break one?
    Depends on the screen protector. Some you can just press on the edge and break them. Others it's just a matter of force. 9H takes a good amount to break. Usually it's just a collection of scratches over time that make it hard to see through.
    04-22-2017 11:47 PM
    Depends on the screen protector. Some you can just press on the edge and break them. Others it's just a matter of force. 9H takes a good amount to break. Usually it's just a collection of scratches over time that make it hard to see through.
    Interesting. I am not doubting you. It's just that I have yet to scratch or break one. And I use the really cheap Dollar Store, tempered glass screen protectors. There are a couple of T-Mobile employees near me that are now using the cheap ones too.
    04-23-2017 12:28 AM
    I've only ever had one tempered glass screen protector. It is still on the iPhone 6 that I passed down to my son. There is one slightly chipped spot. But that is up at the top where it got dropped once. It isn't in the way of anything so we didn't feel a need to replace it. I currently don't have a screen protector on my 7 Plus. Just because I haven't gotten around to purchasing one yet. I've only had my 7 Plus for about a month.
    04-25-2017 01:22 PM
    Have had the same one for about 5 months so far.
    04-25-2017 02:24 PM
103 1234 ...