Apple Leather Case Review (7 Plus)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Overview
Apple’s cases are probably some of the most well known cases out there. They may be a little over priced for the protection they offer though that’s to be expected coming from Apple. Apple’s leather case isn’t going to offer much protection at all, what it is going to offer is a nice sleek perfect fitting case. Apple makes their leather cases from genuine European leather and like most genuine leather, it is a little slick. Genuine leather works great for wallets and other such products that you can easily hold with one hand, on the larger phones it makes it a little difficult to hold for a while until the leather really breaks in. It has been that way for me at least. As you can expect the mute switch cutout is flawless on the Apple leather case, the bottom of the phone is completely exposed and you can any cable or peripheral you want, some people aren’t too keen on the open bottom. In the past Apple’s leather cases have featured leather covered buttons as part of the case, this year they updated the buttons to aluminum and they are great. Definitely some of the best buttons you can find on a case, and probably the most satisfying tactile response you will find.

DSC_0176.JPG

The Good
  • Very slim
  • Perfect fit
  • Aluminum buttons and genuine leather

The Bad
  • Very minimal protection
  • Maybe a little over priced
  • Takes some time to break in

DSC_0175.JPG
DSC_0177.JPG

Conclusion
If you want a leather case that will fit your phone perfectly for around the same price as any other genuine leather case and don’t mind minimal protection, the Apple leather case is great option. Apple’s cases are more for the people that don’t need a lot of protection and/or don’t really like cases that much. For that particular market, they are great cases.

You can buy the Apple leather case from any number of retailers, so I'll just the link directly to Apple

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the black and grey Apple leather cases and the grey one is definitely less grippy than the black one. I rarely fumble my phone when it's in the black case. I just bought the grey one Friday night and fumbled it a few times over the weekend. Thankfully it only fell onto soft surfaces like the couch or the carpet from knee height.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The leather case does offer some protection and is certainly better than no case! That small lip that it has will protect your screen during many falls, although you are correct there ARE better cases out there that protect MUCH better. BUT like I said the leather does offer something AND the style is fantastic!

PS I had the brown leather for my gold iPhone 6 Plus and that color combo was incredible!

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Groupon is running a special on Apple Silicone and leather cases right now. Sizes/colors are very limited but the price seems good: $19.99. Here's a link

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I have two Apple leather cases--the midnight blue and red--and I like them. I don't like the open bottom, but I love how minimal they are and how well they look with the matte black.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
These have been a favorite of mine since they came out. With the 7 Plus I went back to black. The black doesn't show the wear, cuts and oil. The red can look disgusting over time. I really liked the natural brown but not everyone else did as it aged even though I clean them periodically.

These are great if you like a naked phone. The phone comes out with ease and that process doesn't wreck the edges like silicone models.

For the 7 Plus leather is my personal time case and I more protective Speck is for work and sports. Speck cases are not so fat any more but still expensive.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nice review and very accurate. I use my Black Apple Leather case for my Jet Black 7 Plus and it's by far my favorite case. I wear it 90% of the time.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2