Rhinoshield vs Rhinoshield vs Rhinoshield vs Mous

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Introduction
This was something I wanted to do as more or less a comparison of the top slim protective cases. The cases that I will be comparing are the Rhinoshield CrashGuard, the Rhinoshield Playproof, the Rhinoshield SolidSuit, and the Mous Limitless. At first posting this will be incomplete and I will update as I receive the cases and can spend some time with them to review them separately. My main goal here is to help others decide if these cases are right for them, and if they are, which one in particular is right for them. So without further ado, here are the cases in question.

The Cases
Rhinoshield CrashGuard
  • Bumper case only
  • A little loose on the sides of the Plus models
  • Buttons are deep and slightly off on the Plus models
  • Best protection with added screen protector and back protector
  • 11 foot rated drop protection

DSC_0150.JPG
DSC_0151.JPG

Rhinoshield Playproof
  • Full snap on case
  • Buttons are great
  • 11 foot rated drop protection
  • Best protection with added screen protector
  • A little slick, otherwise great

DSC_0167.JPG
DSC_0166.JPG

Rhinoshield SolidSuit
  • Not available yet

Mous Limitless
  • Production changes caused shipping hold

Which Should You Buy?
This comes down to personal preference really. At the time of this posting, I could only compare the Rhinoshield CrashGuard to the Rhinoshield Playproof. Between the two it a choice of whether you want a snap on case or a bumper. With the added screen protector they offer the same protection. Both cases cost the same amount, as do the screen protectors, whereas the CrashGuard will cost an additional $5 to add the back protector for the most protection. However, if you get a Custom series Playproof that also add an additional $5, so the two options really are a wash. I’m excited to get the Mous Limitless in soon enough, and I’ll purchase the Rhinoshield SolidSuit as soon as it becomes available, when I get those this comparison becomes a little more fun in terms of design versus protection. To reiterate, between the Rhinoshield CrashGuard, and the Rhinoshield Playproof, it comes down to a choice between whether you want a bumper or a full snap on case.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the CrashGuard for my 7 plus and had it for 6S+ too. Really like it. Cheap "back skins" can be had on Amazon for pennies on dollars of theirs. Drop tests with any either the CrashGuard or Playproof are promising. Amazon throw the CrashGuard can handle drops so good for just being a bumper. With a glass screen protector and PET film back the CrashGuard is a pretty good combo.

Nice write up man, thanks. Keep sharing em

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the CrashGuard for my 7 plus and had it for 6S+ too. Really like it. Cheap "back skins" can be had on Amazon for pennies on dollars of theirs. Drop tests with any either the CrashGuard or Playproof are promising. Amazon throw the CrashGuard can handle drops so good for just being a bumper. With a glass screen protector and PET film back the CrashGuard is a pretty good combo.

Nice write up man, thanks. Keep sharing em

No problem, I'd still recommend the Rhinoshield back protector for the Impact resistance it offers. It's only $5 anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2