I originally thought I ordered the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Hybrid, however after looking on the Supcase website I found that I actually ordered the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Style. There doesn’t seem to be a huge amount of difference between the cases except the Style has rounded edges. The Supcase UB Style was another case to surprised me, I was immediately blown away by how light it was. It felt like I didn’t have a case on my phone, weight-wise. Like a lot of clear back cases, the UB Style has stickers on the inside and outside of the case on the clear back to prevent any dust from getting in the way before installation. One thing I really like is how the back is raised up so the clear back doesn’t sit directly on any surface, the back is also contoured so it angles in towards the clear back. The contouring makes it really comfortable to hold. The only branding on the case is on the back of the case at the bottom.

The bumper of the case is probably what surprised me the most. It’s a soft touch feel, though I believe it’s a TPU bumper underneath. The cutouts are done better than most cases, the camera and speaker cutouts are perfect. The charging port cutout might be a little too slim to allow for thicker third party chargers though. The buttons on the bumper are angled, though that’s more cosmetic as you can’t feel it. The buttons themselves are really tactile, you do have to press in farther than you would think, though it’s not bad. Even the mute switch cutout is angled, which you will notice, not in a bad way though. The mute switch is very easy to use. The front of the case also sits up high enough for lay on the table protection. All in all, this is one of my favorite cases.

Supcase Unicorn Beetle Style Review (7 Plus)-dsc_0164.jpg

The Good
    • Really lightweight
    • Soft rubber bumper
    • Contoured design is very comfortable

The Bad
    • Not very protective
    • Back shows fingerprints/smudges
    • Some larger third party chargers may not fit

Supcase Unicorn Beetle Style Review (7 Plus)-dsc_0163.jpg
    Supcase Unicorn Beetle Style Review (7 Plus)-dsc_0165.jpg

You want to see the color of your phone, you want a lightweight case, you want a comfortable case, and you don’t want to spend a lot of money….if that sounds like you, the Supcase UB Style is the perfect case for you. Anyone looking for a cheap case I would recommend the UB Style to no problem. As long as you don’t need any more than average drop protection.

You can purchase the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Style from Amazon for$15.
    Fable likes this.
    02-19-2017 12:22 PM
    Well done review. Thank you for sharing this.
    02-20-2017 03:48 AM
    Well done review. I have that case on my matte black 7 Plus and LOVE it. Though I still want the Apple leather case, I keep coming back to the Unicorn Beetle Hybrid from any case I've used in the interim.
    02-20-2017 09:51 AM