Overview
    Faux leather, copper, and a kickstand. Oh yes. Did I mention the included SIM tool and nano SIM slot? No? It has those too. All that in a minimalist design, that’s the G-Case Plating Series case. Ok ok, so what does the nano SIM slot do? It holds a nano SIM card. Yep, that’s all it does., which might be convenient if you’re traveling between countries and need to change your SIM card a couple times. Who has a SIM tool anymore? I didn’t have one, now I don’t have to worry because it’s right behind my phone when I’m using this case. I love the whole idea of it.

As I said, this is a minimalist case, it will offer zero lay on the table protection and leaves all your ports and buttons exposed. Now the exposed buttons doesn’t bother me, however I know it does bother some people. The case itself is plastic, it feels plastic, it has the weight of plastic, you will know it’s plastic. That’s not a bad thing either. The borders of the case are all a copper color, done very well and it adds a beautiful highlight to the case. The top, sides, and back of the case are all covered with a synthetic leather. Don’t worry, it’s not terrible. The synthetic leather is actually soft and grippy which is really nice to have in a minimalist case. The interior of the case has a nice soft interior….for the back of your phone. The sides and top of your top are still subjugated to the plastic interior of the case. I haven’t seen any issue with it, if you have a Jet Black iPhone though, I might worry a very small amount.

Despite being a minimalist case, the G-Case makes your phone feel very solid. This is one of the few cases I never felt like I might accidentally drop my phone with. From me, that’s some high praise. Oh yes, I mentioned a kickstand. The kickstand works far better than I would have believed. It is a very slim kickstand, made of the same plastic as the case, and is held to the case by a magnet. It pops out and snaps back in without a thought, just don’t pull it out too quickly or too far, the hinge mechanism feels a little flimsy and you could accidentally snap the kickstand off if you’re not careful. Then you have magnets. No, not in the case, what is in the case though is a piece of metal underneath the leather. If you already have a magnetic mount for your phone, this case will work with it. I like it when a case manufacturer thinks of the small things like that. This case is built to fit into your life.

G-Case Plating Series Review (7 Plus)-dsc_0135.jpg
    G-Case Plating Series Review (7 Plus)-dsc_0137.jpg

The Good
    • Comfortable
    • Comes with a SIM tool
    • Padded interior

The Bad
    • Not very protective
    • SIM tool is inside the case
    • Kickstand can be easily broken

G-Case Plating Series Review (7 Plus)-dsc_0134.jpg
    G-Case Plating Series Review (7 Plus)-dsc_0136.jpg

Conclusion
    You want a leather case and don’t want to pay Apple $50 for theirs, take a fraction of the cost and buy yourself the G-Case, it has more functionality and freebies than most other cases come with. I could reiterate my review though I feel this case really sells itself. It is one of my favorite minimalist cases.

You can buy the G-Case Plating Series case from Amazon for around $13-$15, and at the time of this posting there are some other discounts going on.
    kazp3r17 likes this.
    02-10-2017 06:55 PM
    Nice review on this case. This was my thoughts exactly when I still had the case.
    metllicamilitia likes this.
    02-10-2017 06:58 PM