There’s a lot I like about the Amzer Dual Layer Hybrid case, and a lot I don’t like about it. It’s an $8 case, and that’s hard to pass up. It is a dual layer case as the name suggests, and you do have to remove the hard shell to install the case. The soft layer is a smooth rubber material that feels great. The hard layer is just a plastic shell that fits into the soft layer and also sports a kickstand. The kickstand is little bit of a pain to pull up, however once it’s up it locks into place super easy and collapses very smoothly. Snapping the kickstand back down though requires a little pressure and worries me a little as there is very very little between the kickstand and the back of the phone. There is no Apple logo cutout which I find to be a plus and the camera cutout is done nicely, however I believe they should have made the speaker cutout a little wider even though it doesn’t affect sound at all. The button covers are part of the soft layer of the case and provide very satisfying feedback, which is something I really love in a case.

Amzer Dual Layer Hybrid Case Review (7 Plus)-dsc_0105.jpg

The Good
    • Soft rubber material is comfortable
    • Better than average tactility on the buttons
    • Kickstand works great

The Bad
    • The plastic layer scratches easily
    • Speaker cutout could be larger
    • Case is a little bulky

Amzer Dual Layer Hybrid Case Review (7 Plus)-dsc_0106.jpg

Amzer Dual Layer Hybrid Case Review (7 Plus)-dsc_0107.jpg

The Amzer Dual Layer Hybrid case is going to offer a little better than average drop protection at the cost of some bulkiness. Although the kickstand sits rather close to the back of the phone, I have had no issues. For $8 though, I couldn’t tell anyone not to buy it.

You can buy the Amzer Dual Layer Hybrid case from the iMore Store.
    Shanicenicolle and Just_Me_D like this.
    01-17-2017 01:31 AM
    Excellent write-up, and thank you for sharing your experience with that particular item...
    01-17-2017 08:26 PM
    Thank you for the review.
    01-18-2017 12:55 AM
    Thanks for sharing your review.
    01-18-2017 07:27 AM