Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    I received an AmazonBasics Slim Case as a Christmas stocking stuffer and immediately noticed how strikingly similar it is to my Apple Silicone cases. I decided to post some side-by-sides for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy and ask questions!

The AmazonBasics case isn't quite as grippy as Apple's and feels slightly more plastic-y. Nonetheless, it's a great option if you want the look of an Apple Silicone Case at literally a fraction of the cost.

AmazonBasics Slim case is available for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus and currently retails for $7.99 USD ($9.99 for black, for some reason). Find it here.

Apple's silicone cases are available for most of today's iPhones. Prices vary based on the device, but the ocean blue for iPhone 7 Plus pictured above currently costs $39.00 USD. It's available here.
    Last edited by Rob Phillips; 12-30-2016 at 08:14 AM.
    12-30-2016 07:40 AM
    Thanks Rob. I'd been wondering about the difference myself. The more important factor for me is the grip. Guess it will have to be the OEM case after all. At least I won't be second guessing myself!
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    12-30-2016 08:21 AM
    Thanks Rob. I'd been wondering about the difference myself. The more important factor for me is the grip. Guess it will have to be the OEM case after all. At least I won't be second guessing myself!
    The OEM case is certainly grippier but I wouldn't consider the Amazon case slippery at all. It's actually one of the grippier cases I've owned.

Worst case, you're out $8 if you get an Amazon case and it don't like it.
    blaine07 and Ecm like this.
    12-30-2016 08:26 AM
    The OEM case is certainly grippier but I wouldn't consider the Amazon case slippery at all. It's actually one of the grippier cases I've owned.

Worst case, you're out $8 if you get an Amazon case and it don't like it.
    Well, there is the extra stuff I'd have to get at the same time to qualify for the free shipping -- so it probably balances out. Lol.
    blaine07 likes this.
    12-30-2016 08:35 AM
    I never compared the Amazon basics slim case to the silicone, it's a nice comparison.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    12-30-2016 09:05 AM
    Well, there is the extra stuff I'd have to get at the same time to qualify for the free shipping -- so it probably balances out. Lol.
    Yeah but you'd get a case as well as some other cool stuff. I forget there are still people out there who don't have Amazon Prime.

I never compared the Amazon basics slim case to the silicone, it's a nice comparison.
    Very similar in form and function. I haven't done any drop tests but I wouldn't trust either of them in that instance!
    12-30-2016 09:46 AM
    How are the buttons on the amazon vs apple cases?
    12-31-2016 01:28 PM
    Great review. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    blaine07 and Rob Phillips like this.
    12-31-2016 01:39 PM
    How are the buttons on the amazon vs apple cases?
    I'd say the buttons on the Apple case are easier to press down. The material Apple uses has greater flexibility overall.
    12-31-2016 01:44 PM
    Very Nice Review. Thanks Rob. I still like that all familiar "Apple" logo tho
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-01-2017 10:35 AM
    Love the review! This will definitely be help for tons of people looking for a cheaper alternative.
    01-01-2017 12:13 PM
    Great review. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Very Nice Review. Thanks Rob. I still like that all familiar "Apple" logo tho
    Love the review! This will definitely be help for tons of people looking for a cheaper alternative.
    Thank you all for your feedback! Glad I could be helpful
    01-01-2017 08:14 PM
    Thanks Rob. Been looking at the Amazon Basics case for a little while but haven't pulled the trigger on it. But, like Spencerdl, there's just something about that Apple logo lol
    01-02-2017 06:20 AM
    Thanks Rob. Been looking at the Amazon Basics case for a little while but haven't pulled the trigger on it. But, like Spencerdl, there's just something about that Apple logo lol
    No problem, buddy. Go for it. It's $8. I've actually been using my Amazon case more than my Apple cases lately. ...mostly because the red case is HOT with my black iPhone. But still, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Oh, and I get ZERO lint on the Amazon case.
    01-05-2017 06:13 AM

Oh, and I get ZERO lint on the Amazon case.
    You got me with that line lol
    Rob Phillips and blaine07 like this.
    01-05-2017 06:25 AM
    You got me with that line lol
    I know, right! Apple silicone case lint is my least favorite kind of lint.
    Danny8200 likes this.
    01-05-2017 06:55 AM
    It's one of those choices

Grip on the Apple but it also collects lint.
    Less grip on the Amazon but doesn't collect lint.

I will be picking up a few of the Amazon. Can't decide on color so I might as well just pick up the ones I want. Black, navy, red, and white.
    01-10-2017 08:34 AM