Haven't heard anyone call Donglegate yet. But it is a little ridiculous that we need so many dongles for our phones and now with the new MacBook Pro. But I'm in it for the long haul. So I'll get 100 dongles if I have to. At least until I've had my fill.
    11-02-2016 05:25 PM
    Haven't heard anyone call Donglegate yet. But it is a little ridiculous that we need so many dongles for our phones and now with the new MacBook Pro. But I'm in it for the long haul. So I'll get 100 dongles if I have to. At least until I've had my fill.
    Well now that makes no sense. 100 dongles X $9.00 = $900.00. You can get a really great set of Bluetooth Headsets for a lot less than that. I have one dongle with my 7 Plus and it is still in the box. The way of the future is wireless and I went that way a few years ago.
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    11-02-2016 06:01 PM
    Well now that makes no sense. 100 dongles X $9.00 = $900.00. You can get a really great set of Bluetooth Headsets for a lot less than that. I have one dongle with my 7 Plus and it is still in the box. The way of the future is wireless and I went that way a few years ago.
    Same here. The dongle is still in the box. Listening to music without it is not a problem for "me" because using the lightning port is as easy as using the earphone jack. Donglegate? It doesn't exist, in my opinion.
    11-02-2016 06:45 PM
    That's why I'm sticking with my late 2013 MBP, I just need to get some new wireless headphones, I know which ones I want, it's just not a responsible or feasible purchase at the moment.
    11-02-2016 06:50 PM
    I wouldn't really buy 100. But having to buy a few dongles won't stop me. And I will go wireless when ever Apple blesses us with the Airpods. Or at least the new Beats.
    anon(9602380) likes this.
    11-03-2016 02:51 PM
    That's why I'm sticking with my late 2013 MBP, I just need to get some new wireless headphones, I know which ones I want, it's just not a responsible or feasible purchase at the moment.
    Which ones you have in mind?
    11-03-2016 02:52 PM
    Which ones you have in mind?
    Audio Technica ATH-SR5BT
    11-03-2016 04:01 PM
    I've been wireless for about 4 years...so this isn't even an issue for me.
    11-23-2016 11:35 PM
    I have Bluetooth in my car (where I listen to music the most) so it hasn't been an issue. Plus it was slip that I'm being gifted some nice wireless headphones lol
    11-24-2016 07:11 AM
    I do have issue because I do use charger and headphone at the same time

But with MBP Type C, this will push the manufacturers to make compatible hardware in bulk. Since this type C USB is also universally accepted, others will start to impliment it more and in couple of years this will become a common thing. So, need for doggles will get redcued a lot
    11-24-2016 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD