How many prefer Apple accessories?

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
This is my first time using Apple's cases for protection but, I don't think I'll use anything else! I used to always keep my device in a case for obvious reasons. Then I became annoyed by the bulkiness, and wanted something slimmer. Came across many cases claiming their were slim, but still seemed to bulky for my taste. Then I came across these super thin cases(really like skins)that I liked, until a few weeks ago I dropped my phone; nice scuff on the bottom corner. So I bit the bullet I went to the Apple store to try the silicone case...LOVE IT! not sure why because I bet I could find something comparable and cheaper but I doubt if I try something else. I got the product red one but, I also want the black leather when I want to dress it up. What protection you guys use, if any?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I often use Apple accessories, BUT I don't mind buying 3rd party because you can save money and if you know the vendors they are often just as good. Example Griffin, or Otterbox. I know the case you mean and it's a good one. I have the brown leather myself and I DO love it, but lately I'm using a special kickstarter edition case that lets you wirelessly charge the iphone! It's offers decent protection also with a sturdy while not bulky carbon fiber back and slight protruding ridge around the screen.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I don't prefer Apple accessories but since the leather cases came out for the 5s, I absolutely must have at least one. It's funny because out of everyone I know with Apple products, I'm the only one who purchases Apple accessories. Lol

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for Apple leather cases. They are a great balance between thinness/style and protection. They're slim but not too slim.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have both  & 3rd party accessories.
But I always but  chargers with one exception: I have an InCase car charger which I bought at the  Store
Good Luck

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have both  & 3rd party accessories.
But I always but  chargers with one exception: I have an InCase car charger which I bought at the  Store
Good Luck

I use a bunch of third party lightning cables but always use an Apple charger, unless I'm plugged into my car.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm now using Amazon Basics cables.
6 ft long
A bit stiffer but worth it for the addional length.
About $8
Good Luck

I have a few Amazon Basics cables and also some braided Anker cables that are really nice. The Amazon cables are awesome for the price.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
There was a a time when I only used and preferred Apple accessories, but as time has passed, I've found 3rd party accessories that I really like better. For example the Twelve South Charging Stand is much better than the Apple Charging dock IMHO. I've decided to be more open concerning accessories so I don't miss out on good products.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
The additional length of Anazon Basics Cable is great when traveling.
The outlet in hotel rooms often too far fom the nightstand next to the bed. :)
Good Luck

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I never used the Apple cases (though I did buy a few of those stupid bumpers) until the iPhone 6 and now I don't think I'll use anything but these!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
There was a a time when I only used and preferred Apple accessories, but as time has passed, I've found 3rd party accessories that I really like better. For example the Twelve South Charging Stand is much better than the Apple Charging dock IMHO. I've decided to be more open concerning accessories so I don't miss out on good products.

Twelve South is my overall favorite accessory maker. They make some really sharp stuff that looks like it might as well have been made by Apple itself.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Great dock.
I have two.
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit