Magnetic car mount and apple cases.

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone maybe own one of those magnetic car mounts where you put a sticker on the back of the phone and use case with it? Preferably apple leather one. Just curious if that would work.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Works great! I've used it with a 6s and both the Apple leather and silicone. Scosche mount, FWIW.

Won't work with the smart battery case though!

ifacecase

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello, we launched Kickstarter project. http://kck.st/1ZzhWi0
The Perfect Duo: iFace M⁺ iPhone case + Magnetic car mount

We made the iFace M⁺ Case , a protective phone case reinvented to simplify your car mounting system.
This would be perfect match with case and car mount.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello, we launched Kickstarter project. http://kck.st/1ZzhWi0
The Perfect Duo: iFace M⁺ iPhone case + Magnetic car mount

We made the iFace M⁺ Case , a protective phone case reinvented to simplify your car mounting system.
This would be perfect match with case and car mount.
Probably nice if you want/need a thicker case and still want to use a magnetic mount. Biggest thing that makes it tough to back:

It's tied to one phone. If I get a new phone, I need a new case. With the Scosche I can get another plate (or use one of the two it came with). The plate does stick directly to the phone.

I'll be upgrading in September, probably to the Plus model. Your case ships in August, and would only work with my current phone for a month. There are still those who bought a 6s this past September that may be holding onto it for longer, and they may be a good target for you but I'm betting many will be updating and you'll have a case that may not work. Hopefully the new phone fits -- not sure how much change the size/shape will be :)

Good luck!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I saw a video where someone used the scosche with otterbox and it worked.

Probably does, depending on where you put the magnetic sticky on the phone. If you attach it right to the back of the Otterbox, I'm sure it's just fine. It will be less effective if you put it on the back of the phone (where I put mine).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2