Need great speaker for iPhone 6 Plus for a wedding! What do you recommend?

I

iMore Question

Need great speaker for iPhone 6 Plus for a wedding!

I'm getting married next summer and we want to use my iPhone to play the music for the ceremony and reception. The hall is rather large but seems to hold sound well. Doesn't echo too much from my limited time in it.

What speaker(s) can you recommend that aren't going to cost us an arm, a leg, and our first-born child? Connected or Bluetooth, we don't really care, just so they play well enough!

Thank you!

Wikkan

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Need great speaker for iPhone 6 Plus for a wedding!

Our budget is about $100-125 for the speaker, or more if necessary. It's a large hall, but like I said, we're good with connected speakers, or speakers that are Bluetooth. It might even be better if they plug into the wall and the phone.

Our audience is 75 people. Thanks for any advice!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Amplification matters. But not too loud. I would check with a music store and see what they recommend.
Cross-fade. You don't want dead air.
Play music people know.
Play music for all ages.
Have a tough person be your music bouncer. There's always someone wanting to mess with the music.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm in love with both my Bose SoundLink & SoundLink Mini2 speakers. Both are loud enough for a large room & offer a very crisp sound. The mini is definitely more portable.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I'm in love with both my Bose SoundLink & SoundLink Mini2 speakers. Both are loud enough for a large room & offer a very crisp sound. The mini is definitely more portable.

Agree, good investment. You can still use it after your wedding too. Congratulations btw.

Steve Adams

Banned
May 26, 2016
Visit site
If I were you, I would goto the local music store (instruments), and rent a P/A. plug your iPhone in and go that route. No Bluetooth speaker will be able to do that job. I have played dances/weddings/etc for over 20 years. Make your wedding a memorable one and use the correct equipment for that job. Well worth the money.

A hall is much different acoustically than a large room. I have large rooms in my house, but take my household gear to do a wedding, you would be very disappointed.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods