Best keyboard case iPad Air 2

hahler2

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a good keyboard case for my iPad Air 2. Been debating between several of them. I'm looking at the clamcase pro, zag slim book, zag rugged book, the Belkin qode ultimate pro, and the Logitech blok.

All of them have their pluses and minuses. I really like the clamcase but I've been hearing durability issues with it and no backlit keyboard.

The zagg ones look really nice but I have no experience with them.

The Belkin looks cool but I'm not nuts about the hinge. Not sure how well it will work on a lap and not a desk.

The Logitech looks cool but it's new and I can't find much about it. Plus doesn't look like it has a backlit keyboard either.

Just curious what everyone's opinions and experiences with them are.

hahler2

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I recieved my Belkin keyboard case today. And yes, I'm typing this on it right now. I have to say I really, really like it so far. My one concern going into it was how well would the magnets hold my ipad in place while using it on my lap. And the answer is very well! It's a lot more stable then I thought it would be. You can kind of make the top wiggle around a bit if you shift it around a bunch, but it doesn't ever fall, and it doesn't really move much. Those magnets are really strong. It can actually be a bit hard to pull the ipad away from the keyboard! And the plus side is the keyboard turns on and off automatically! It senses when the ipad is attached to the magnets and only turns on then.

Physically the case looks amazing. Very well done and good build quality. It is a little heavier than I thought it would be but it's definitely thinner than I thought it would be. Overall it's smaller and lighter than my ipad air 1 with an otterbox defender on it. I like the fact that you can remove the ipad from the keyboard and it still has a case on the back and is protected! Bonus points for the fact that you can throw an apple smart cover on with the case at the same time. Good thinking on Belkins part!

The keyboard so far feels very good to me. Very similar to a Macbook Pro or the bluetooth apple keyboard that came with my imac. It is obviously just a tiny bit smaller because of limited form but it's still very comfortable. I have a little bit of trouble with some of the reaches because I expect them to be farther. Like reaching for the enter key with my pinkie finger. But I'm sure with a little time and practice I'll get used it.

So far the only complaint I have is I wish it had a seperate row for the special keys like volume, keyboard brightness, ect. It shares them with the number keys so you have to hold the function key, and then press the one you want. Not a huge deal, and one I can definitely live with. Just a small gripe is all and I knew it would be that way going into it.

I'll try to update this as I get some more time with it. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner