How do I clean my Apple Leather case?

I

iMore Question

Cleaning Apple Leather case

Please your advice, someone know how to clean the leather case? What's the best method/product to clean the leather?
thank's

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cleaning Apple Leather case

I would use the same cleaning methods and materials one would use for fine leather shoes. A shoe shop would have what you need.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

I just wipe it down with a dry microfiber cloth to get any oils off. Sometimes (very rarely) I will get the cloth slightly damp (I know water isn't good for leather) and wipe it and immediately dry it off. No problems for me, and my case is clean.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

I use Mr Leather Cleaner and Conditioner to clean my Black Apple Leather case for my iPhone 6, have been since I got the case in October.. The Genius's at the Apple Store were amazed that the case still looks like new.. Works great!
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1438120371.653694.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I haven't tried this yet, but I figure it's good enough for my car seats it should be good enough for my Apple Black Leather Case
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438203567.187030.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438203578.053076.jpg

EDIT; According to Apple DO NOT use leather cleaners or conditioners as this might change the color of the Apple Leather Case.
I guess I won't be using the Turtle Wax Cleaner and Conditioner.

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I haven't tried this yet, but I figure it's good enough for my car seats it should be good enough for my Apple Black Leather Case
View attachment 86284
View attachment 86285

EDIT; According to Apple DO NOT use leather cleaners or conditioners as this might change the color of the Apple Leather Case.
I guess I won't be using the Turtle Wax Cleaner and Conditioner.

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus

Saddle soap would work.,

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

I have been using the leather cleaner and conditioner since October and the color has never changed, the case looks as good as the day I bought it.. Apple would probably approve of it if they made an 'Apple Leather Cleaner and Conditioner' lol.. I for one will continue to use it, havent seen any problems

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I have been using the leather cleaner and conditioner since October and the color has never changed, the case looks as good as the day I bought it.. Apple would probably approve of it if they made an 'Apple Leather Cleaner and Conditioner' lol.. I for one will continue to use it, havent seen any problems

Which brand are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk