Help me decide which of 3 styluses to buy

agrandem

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
There are numerous posts, reviews and opinions about what stylus is best for the iPad and I feel like I have a strong idea of the pros and cons of each one I am considering. I am now reaching out to my fellow redditors in hopes of narrowing it down to one.

Background:
  • currently have Wacom bamboo alpha
  • stylus will be used for note taking and PDF markups for work and business school
  • with current stylus, I use notability due to audio recording/syncing, ability to import pictures and PDFs.
  • I also own current version of goodnotes and like it as well but haven't used it for awhile (wish it had audio features like notability)
Styluses I have narrowed down to (in no particular order):

WACOM FINELINE
Pros:
  • Bluetooth for Palm rejection
  • button for shortcut
  • rechargeable
  • small tip
Cons
  • tapping noise
  • placement of button
  • features not supported in notability

ADONIT JOT SCRIPT 2
Pros
  • Bluetooth for Palm rejection
  • rechargeable
  • small tip
Cons
  • tapping noise
  • features not supported in notability
  • no shortcut button

LYNKTEC RECHARGEABLE APEX
Pros
  • rechargeable
  • will work on any app (but relies on apps built in Palm rejection, which may not be good)
  • small tip
  • no tapping noise
Cons
  • no built in Palm rejection
  • no shortcut button

So those are the 3. The only thing I really care about it the fine tip. The other features are great additions but are about equal in want. Palm rejection would be nice since I am left handed and write at a weird angle but notability and goodnotes both have it built in, though not perfect in functionality. The shortcut button would be nice just to save a step when needing to erase/undo.

Is the tapping noise really that noticeable in a classroom of around 30 students and a teacher lecturing? Most students are typing away on laptops.

Ideally I would like to try each stylus out before buying but that doesn't seem to be an option. my understanding is that Best Buy would allow me to return an open package within 15 days so I could try them out and return them. However I have Amazon gift cards I would like to spend and the prices are better on Amazon, plus Best Buy does not carry the Lynktec.

Looking at prices at prices on Amazon (sold by Amazon):
Lynktec : $52
Wacom fineline: $50.

For $2 less i can get the additional features of the Wacom fineline if I can handle the tapping noise and it doesn't drive classmates crazy. I have amazon gift cards I could use but I don't know if i could get amazon to refund me if I hate the wacom. Also of note, Both products are about $10 cheaper if I buy on Amazon through a 3rd party but that makes returns even tougher sometimes.

Ugh... Help me decide. Anyone have experience with these styluses?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
First of all, whose pros and cons are those of not your own? Out of three you've mentioned, I use the Adonit Jot Pro and have been for a couple of years now. I enjoy using it and it feels as if I'm writing with a typical ink pen. As for noise, I do not know what you're referring to. Anyway, I recommend you go to a Target or Best Buy store and check all three out for yourself and then decide which one fits your likes and needs best.

agrandem

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Those are my pros and cons as I thought through each stylus. I have tried the jot pro before but the plastic disk bothered me. That is why I was looking at the jot script instead since it is just the fine time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Those are my pros and cons as I thought through each stylus. I have tried the jot pro before but the plastic disk bothered me. That is why I was looking at the jot script instead since it is just the fine time.

Understood, and my recommendation remains the same. Good luck with your decision. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2