Magnetic mounts for your devices

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
So i have been seeing a new trend the last few years and its magnetic mounts for your smartphones and tablets. Imagnet had a mount a few years ago and now everybody even some of the bigger names in accessories like Iottie and proclip USA are coming out with magnetic mounts . Some are just auto mounts some are windshield mounts, tilt mounts , attachments to your case or behind your case its so confusing.There are even instructables on making your own mounts though these are not as pretty.

So here are a few of the names that seem legit and i am wondering has anybody had experience with any of these.

Okra 11.99 vent clip mounts
Wizgear 14.99 Wcup mount
Iottie itap 25.17 vent clip mount
Infernal Innovations 21.95 Wcup mount
Magic mount 20-25 all types of mounts for auto , home
Imagnet 24.95 had ipad mount discontinued, just phones.
Neutron S and A by Bungajungle 29.95 tablet mount or phone
Ioauto universal mount Proclip USA. 50.00
ProClip USA 68.00 for Wcup mount
Case co core 360 44.95 auto mount

I have the universal Iottie mount(Wcup no magnets) but moving from car car is a pain so If i can just have a few magnets in each car this would be helpful. i am fasinated about these kinds of mounts. I think the ones that can hide in the case vs outside the case look better to me but I don't know how much you lose from going through a case. I don't like the holders where the magnet is on phone as I carry my wallet with with phone in one hand alot and don't want to damage CC. WE need a review on these Imore!!!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm leery of magnets... When in the wrong place on case or too strong, cellular radio performance can be impacted, as can the device's GPS receiver...location services can suffer.

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
That's why all these mounts have no magnet on the case for that reason Most of these advertise the magnetism doesn't go past connecting to the parts. I seen videos where the parts are connected and nothing and connect after that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no need for any magnet mounts for my iPhone. The current iOttie 2 mount that I use has exceeded my expectations. If it breaks, I will immediately order another one just like it.

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
The point is do u have a mount in your kitchen for your iPad ? For two cars? Near your computer? If you have a few magnets in those locations you can stick your iPad , iPhone ,any device to any location and not have a different mount for iPad , iPhone etc.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The point is do u have a mount in your kitchen for your iPad ? For two cars? Near your computer? If you have a few magnets in those locations you can stick your iPad , iPhone ,any device to any location and not have a different mount for iPad , iPhone etc.

Okay, but I don't want to use magnets in this regard. I like using what I already have.

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
I am not trying to talk you into them. I don't even own one. But the best thing for me in a mount is one handed taking it out of the device, secure, get viewing angles, looks good without a device in it landscape to portrait easily. I personally use iotte universal mount but looking for more of a universal mount/ acrossed more devices and just talked to two friends that wouldn't go back to a traditional device.

gene76

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi Tritan, just came across this thread. You guys are struggling with to be magnet or not to be, and a holder which can be used in different locations. I just bought a iPad holder called holder king ipad holder. It does not use magnet and it can be used in bed, counter, cars for iPads or iPhone 6. Just google the name "holder king ipad holder" to find more info. Please let me know your thoughts.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi Tritan, just came across this thread. You guys are struggling with to be magnet or not to be, and a holder which can be used in different locations. I just bought a iPad holder called holder king ipad holder. It does not use magnet and it can be used in bed, counter, cars for iPads or iPhone 6. Just google the name "holder king ipad holder" to find more info. Please let me know your thoughts.

Picture?

SDC_Bolts

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I have the iMagnet, love it. As long as your phone is in a case, works great. No issues with GPS or signal strength, used with a iPhone 6 and HTC M8.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I use a magnetic mount with compatible case made by logitech for my iPhone 6. I love it. See no change in performance or signal. People say they are leery of magnetics. Apple sells as ipad cover that connects directly to the frame of the ipad with guess what... Magnets.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My Smart Cover has a magnet on it and no issues.
Just got a Scosche magnetic holder in my car and love it. Used the Kenu airframe before and like this a lot more.

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
I just see videos on you tube where people complain that the magnet mounts move well traveling in a car. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2